Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtjyf01
Newcomer I

Passed my CCSP today

Provisionally passed my CCSP certification today. I'm already passed my CISSP in 2018 and I thought this will be a good add-on for it. Possibly looking at ISSMP concentrations somewhere down the road.

I bought the ISC2 Official study guide and practice exams published by Sybex that I suppose with PluralSight learning courses which my organization provides our entire IT department with personal training accounts.

At the same time, I'm also study for my Cisco Cyber Ops certification as well -  I'll come back to the reason why I've mentioned this.

Honestly as I hit the end test option, I was prepared to pick up my "better luck next time" result. So in a way, I was pleasantly surprised I've actually passed. In summary, the exams are difficuit unless you have a very deep understanding of the technology, framework and process. I remembers getting > 85% of the test questions right in the books but to be honest, I probably could have done without it after taking the test as it didn't really provide me that much help.  

I would say for ~ 70% of the questions that I answer, I did so with no real confidence that it's the right answer. At best, it just feels like it should be the correct answer. And for the 5%, it was a totally random guess. Ironically, I find the courseware for my Cisco Cyber Ops ended up helping me in the exams since it talks a lot about security, SOC and SIEMS in greater detail.

Nevertheless, a pass is a pass. Perhaps I got lucky with most of that 70% but as the saying goes with luck. Sometimes you make it, sometimes you take it but either ways, you always need it!

5 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I remember taking my CISSP back when it was pencil and paper. Half way through I tried to look up from the test and found I could see across the room because I had been focused on the test paper for too long! I walked out of that test with no idea if I passed or failed, and what made it harder back then is you had to wait to get your results in the mail! But as you said, a pass is a pass...  Congrats and welcome to the CCSP club!

John-

dcontesti
Community Champion

Congrats.

fadleen
Newcomer III

Congrats and good luck!

EKeller2284
Newcomer I

Congrats!!
Rossva
Contributor I

I took and passed CCSP today, agreed, it’s a tough old exam !!!