Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrisner1
Newcomer III

Kali Linux Certified Professional

What is your opinion on KLCP Certification? If there is anyone who has taken it what was your experience like? I have been using Kali for a little while now. I am mainly a Redhat kinda guy but am wondering if taking this exam is worthwhile.

4 Replies
thomaskung
Viewer II

Getting a KLCP certificate cannot prove your expertise on ethical hacking. I would rather obtain OSCP.

Off topic: If ISC2 would start an ethical hacking certification and develop COE for white hackers, I must have a go.

CoreyO
Newcomer II

I would say it depends what you want to do. I notice most businesses are Red Hat or SuSe , Suse being my personal favorite - I also like their learning and certification paths. I have not worked or seen any Kali other than for education, pen testing, or testing environments.

for the CEH and the Pen Testing certs I think   Kali is very beneficial.

Kind Regards
CoreyO

Never let the Fear of striking out stop you from playing!!! - Babe Ruth

Every Strike out brings me closer to the next Home Run!!! - Babe Ruth
epimenta
Viewer

Totally agree. OSCP is the way.

jrisner1
Newcomer III

I see your point on this. I personally like the fact that OffensiveSecurity is giving out their study guide for free. I have been a redhat guy since they first came out and I have supported several different versions of redhat but I do like it when companies give away stuff for free in order to attract attention to their cert programs. Kali being based on Debian is something I like also because I find Debian to be very user friend at the same time.