Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesDim
Viewer

Is CSSLP a CAT (Computerized Adaptive Test) in 2021?

Starting from September 2020, the CSSLP exam have 125 items, and the exam time has been changed from four to three hours.

But is it an adaptive exam now?

Thank you for any feedback!

6 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Only the English language version of the CISSP taken in a Pearson VUE test centre is a CAT exam.

All other ISC2 exams are linear including the new CSSLP exam.

It should also be noted the new online testing pilot exams are kind of a strange hybrid where it's a linear exam, but you can't go back and review/change answers which is a feature previously only seen in the CISSP CAT exam.

JamesDim
Viewer

Thanks for the reply, it's clear now!

Basically, I'm asking because yesterday I provisionally passed CSSLP thankfully, and yesterday there was a moment when I became really nervous when the exam didn't stop after the 100th question: there were 125 questions, and there is no "go back" button, therefore it very looked like a CAT.

Because I had to solve all 125 questions, and I spent all 3 hours, the feelings were much tougher than CISSP 🙂 So I believe this information would help others to prepare better for this exam mentally.

Again, thank you for your answer.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Many congratulations and welcome to the club!

csjohnng
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan 

Thanks, it's too late I have read your post (until I have finished the exam)

This morning I took the exam finally .. realise there is "no going back", no marking for review after I have answered a couple of questions. At that very moment, I panic for a couple of seconds, then like it or not, exam has to go on.

Good I have the provisionally passed.

Cheers

John
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@csjohnng 

Many congratulations and welcome to the club!

Yes, for some reason, not being able to go back is the new standard across all ISC2 exams and all forms of ISC2 exams - they have now updated the exam FAQ to reflect this change:

https://www.isc2.org/Frequently-Asked-Questions#accordion-29bc23be1a3a4eb296321631a61650e0

csjohnng
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan 

thank you.

I think I am following your footstep for certification and ISSEP will be my next one.

Side track a bit, It seem we have significant less people certified in ISSEP (compared to MP and AP) world wide. And in my city or country, we have 0.

John