Information on the new CISSP

NEW.cat.cissp1-1.jpg

44 Replies
Bayshob
Contributor I

Yes

Mark18976
Viewer

The new test is much harder than the older one.

Do not kid yourself.

Personally, I hate it.

CraigSFrazier
Newcomer I

CraigSFrazier
Newcomer I

Harder is relative to your understanding and experience.

However we can both agree with empirical data which test was longer. So, if both were equally "hard" from our perception, then another factor that can contribute to the challenge would have been length of exam.
That is how I see it in my humble opinion. 
Mark18976
Viewer

Again, it is your perception...

My opinion: test is much harder and with only 100 questions - almost no room for error.

CraigSFrazier
Newcomer I

Understood, however the test ranges from 100-150 questions given its adaptive nature.

If you go over 110+ we know what that means.... lol
Nothwindtrader
Newcomer II

Sounds interesting. 250 questions in 6 hours really no longer fits into the time, with attention spans going down.

For those who know their stuff, this will make a big difference, they will pass in less time - and immediately have an indication they passed.

If you need more time to read and understand questions, this may be a problem, depending on how many questions you can answer right within the available time.

From the perspective that ISC2 wants to ensure you understood the body of knowledge when passing the test, this makes sense, and it may even cause more people taking the test - really, the lenght of the test is probably a stronger deterrent than the complexity of the questions. A test should test your knowledge, not your endurance...

derekskaggs
Newcomer I

Great news, I'll pass this on. I would imagine the stress level will increase exponentially if you are answering questions 120+.
TamarcusP
Reader I

This is a great change! It will motivate plenty of professionals to obtain their CISSP now. Also, i wonder if they will still practice the 25 mock question format. Basically, they use 25 of the questions for "research/evaluation" purposes. I wonder. 

StephenK
Viewer II

A couple of comments on the new test having passed it on Friday.  The first is that I did not know the format had changed until I was at the test centre.  The test centre and myself were confused by the fact that my booking said it was for a 360 minute exam and the exam centre had it down for a 180 minute exam.  It would be worth notifying people who have already booked the exam and have missed any announcement about the changes to ensure there is no confusion when they turn up for the exam.

The second is that the exam seems to be more practical than the practice exams I was taking with more relevant questions to the real world which are more difficult if you just rely on the textbooks but are easier if you are a practitioner and aren't familiar with US laws (I live in the UK).

Not knowing it was adaptive I was bemused by the fact that the test ended after 100 questions and 1 hour having prepared myself for a 6 hour marathon.  Although this did mean I had quite a lot of time back.