Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfarrelly99
Viewer II

Impossible to take exam due to Covid - need online proctored options

Ireland like most countries across Europe have gone into an extended lockdown period.

This means that despite my efforts and a number of reschedules I have been unable to take the CISSP exam for the last couple of months and it now looks like it will be at least another 2 months before centers may reopen.

I have read the past threads regarding Online Proctored exams and I understand reservations expressed - BUT the world has changed in the last year - online proctoring has become a fully almost universally accepted way to complete certification exams up to and including university degrees and professional qualifications such as law and accounting. ISACA and others are all offering online exams. 

It is time for ISC to move on and accept the new reality - just as we as security professionals must be constantly aware and adapt - ISC must adapt.

John

4 Replies
Until_then
Contributor I

Brown501
Viewer II

hey are exploring for options to conduct safe and secure Online Online Remote Proctored exams is comparatively a new system and many "Online examinations have become an integral component of the in the online exams to make cheating potentially difficult or say, more COVID-19 Cases.

Nox App Player

jfarrelly99
Viewer II

It is important to give credit where it is due.

ISC2 have begun a trial for online proctored exams.

Unfortunately for me, the current trial is limited to US candidates.

However since my post - the Irish authorities have allowed industry examinations as an essential education service and opened the exam centres again!

CISSP exam since taken and passed!

Now onto the CCSP.....

Saddler452
Viewer II

@FaceTime PC wrote:

Ireland like most countries across Europe have gone into an extended lockdown period.

This means that despite my efforts and a number of reschedules I have been unable to take the CISSP exam for the last couple of months and it now looks like it will be at least another 2 months before centers may reopen.

I have read the past threads regarding Online Proctored exams and I understand reservations expressed - BUT the world has changed in the last year - online proctoring has become a fully almost universally accepted way to complete certification exams up to and including university degrees and professional qualifications such as law and accounting. ISACA and others are all offering online exams. 

It is time for ISC to move on and accept the new reality - just as we as security professionals must be constantly aware and adapt - ISC must adapt.

John

A recent study published in the Journal of the National College Testing Association involving undergraduate engineering students suggested that students would be more likely to cheat in an unproctored environment than a proctored one. The authors concluded that it’s “imperative to establish a culture and expectation in higher education around the purpose of testing and assessment that incorporates the impact of academic dishonesty.” Such efforts also need to address the “perception of higher education today as transactional in nature and of the need to get good grades as more important than the acquisition of knowledge.”