Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masterminddrew3
Newcomer II

ISSAP Cert

Is there any new status on ISSAP certs?  I have heard there is really only under 2000 with the ISSAP certification....can someone from ISC2 validate that number?   It seems that industry doesn't have a need for this breakout, but government does....

11 Replies
ByteSwap
Newcomer I
masterminddrew3
Newcomer II

My gosh only 1200?  Seems like with such a "distinction" that there would be an associated need for it.  

Beads
Advocate I

Frankly, the cert has never been well understood or accepted outside of the InfoSec field. Business rarely asks for the concentration so it hasn't been particularly marketable in general. Business is more likely to ask for TOGAF rather than the ISSAP. If that is what your seeking I suggest looking into that cert instead.

Now, the ISSEP has a clear focus particularly when combined with the CAP.

masterminddrew3
Newcomer II

Thanks.  Only doing it to fulfill requirements.  

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @masterminddrew3

I wanted to provide you with a little more information on top of the member count link that has already been supplied in this thread. As a concentration of the CISSP, the CISSP-ISSAP is designed to be narrow in scope, and as such appeals to a more specialized subset of CISSP certification holders looking to validate their additional expertise in developing, designing and analyzing security architecture and solutions. As of Jan. 1, 2018, we have nearly 1,950 members who have earned the CISSP-ISSAP.

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
masterminddrew3
Newcomer II

Thanks.  After reading, I have to have my CISSP done before ISSAP....for clarification, does that mean my CISSP has to have the full endorsement complete (or can the fact that I passed the test be enough) before I can take the ISSAP?  Make for some tricky scheduling for me.  

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @masterminddrew3

You are correct in that you will need to pass the CISSP exam before you can sit for the ISSAP concentration. You will also need to wait for the endorsement to go through as well. Once you pass the exam you can fill out your endorsement application. The endorsement process can then take up to 6 weeks. I hope this helps with filling out some of your timeline for taking the exams. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Samantha O'Connor
MaestroD
Newcomer I

Hello,
I understood ISSAP CBK is currently being updated?
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @MaestroD

At this time the Second Edition ISSAP CBK Textbook will not be updated at this time but is still a comprehensive resource that is relevant in preparing for the ISSAP.  There is a new training course available, though. You can find more information about this here: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-ISSAP/Domain-Refresh-FAQ

Samantha O'Connor