cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register for exam with only Single Name, Don't have last name or Middle Name/Initial

Hi All,

Request you to suggest what should i update in the last name (Mandatory) field while registering for the exam, when i only have a single name and no surname or middle name. In all my Govt ids (Passport, license etc.) as well as in my education my single name is updated everywhere.

So kindly suggest what should i update in last name field which is a mandatory requirement for registration of the exam.

4 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I don’t think the forum can provide an authoritative answer here. Contact ISC2 member support, and present the question there:

https://www.isc2.org/contact-us

It might be as simple as ISC2 supporting a N/A option in each of the fields for exam booking.

Good luck!
denbesten
Community Champion

@JamieC1 wrote:

Hi, @arbaazkhan1983 

Just put "N/A" in the last name field when you register for the exam since you only have one name. It stands for "not applicable".

Does it work or not inform me after. I hope it will work.

Do you have a link to an ISC2 FAQ or something else stating that this Is this the "official solution"?  @arbaazkhan1983 risks forfeiting their exam fee and being turned away at the check-in desk if there is an "unapproved" mismatch on the id. 

As @Early_Adopter mentioned, this answer is above our pay-grade.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@denbesten

Absolutely, especially double-extramuch as we don’t get paid…
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@arbaazkhan1983 Thank you for reaching out via the Community board.

In cases where a candidate has only one name (Given Name or Surname), when provided with documentation, ISC2 can update your name to meet Pearson VUE requirements. 

"The Pearson VUE system requires a first and last name, so a period/full stop (.) or underscore (_) may appear in place of one of the names. The period/full stop or underscore does not need to appear on the IDs in order for the names to match."