Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilipkumar9
Newcomer I

How much questions I should answer correctly in 100 questions during the CISSP exam ?

How much questions I should answer correctly in 100 questions during the CISSP exam ?

Assume if I answer 60 questions correctly in 100, how will CAT calculate my percentage? If the percentage calculation is based on 150 questions, In the 100 questions mark, the percentage I scored is around 42% only and it will not be possible for me to score passing 70% in remaining 50 questions. 

I need to know how many questions I need to answer correctly on reaching 100 questions. 

Please share your thoughts? I am heavily confused about the CISSP scoring system..

16 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@dilipkumar9 

Not sure which practice tests you are taking but my guess is that the scoring is linear and questions are not weighted.

One thing, I have noticed over the years is that folks read things (extra words, etc.) into the questions that complicate them.

I think @CISOScott offers the best advice here.

Wish you the best

d

dcontesti
Community Champion

@ddrake Is this information in an FAQ?  If not, could it be?

ddrake
ISC2 Team

@dcontesti I will look into it.

Thanks!

dilipkumar9
Newcomer I

Hi Damon,

Your explanation answered all of my questions. This is the answer I was excepting to clarify my doubt. 44 days to go for my exam. I am in final stages of preparation, I am confident that I will pass the exam.

Thank you so much again for your time in explaining me.

-Dilip
dilipkumar9
Newcomer I

Scott,

Point taken, I will stop thinking about the scoring system and concentrate more on areas of improvements.

Thanks for your response
dilipkumar9
Newcomer I

Diana,

I take @CISOScott advise and will follow it.

I am using Sybex Official practice (2nd edition book), Boson , CISSP Prep net, Udemy practice test and Willey online Assessments. In addition to this referring to questions posted in LinkedIN cissp folks, thor teaches website and Luke questions in FB group.

I saw you posted this during June'21 so I believe you might have cleared the examination. If yes, congratulations, if you still preparing then I will say ignore this question from your mind. If you plan your study based on clearing the exam in 100 Qs, then I am afraid your approach is wrong.

Work on your concepts and domain knowledge that will help you clearing the exam at 100th question. There is no harm if you clear the exam at 150th too.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Saurabh