Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennethC
Viewer

HCISPP Switching to 7 Domains

I saw an announcement that HCISPP was switching to 7 Domains and the courseware was supposed to be released at the end of November 2019.  I have not seen any further information.  I have checked a few sources, and I am not aware of any new courseware being released.  Does anyone have any further information about this topic?

3 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

Current seven domains from the HCISPP. Been far too long since I took the exam (first week of availability) to remember anything different from below. Please correct if inaccurate.

• Domain 1. Healthcare Industry.
  • Domain 2. Information Governance in Healthcare.
  • Domain 3. Information Technologies in Healthcare.
  • Domain 4. Regulatory and Standards Environment.
  • Domain 5. Privacy and Security in Healthcare.
  • Domain 6. Risk Management and Risk Assessment.
  • Domain 7. Third-Party Risk Management.

- b/eads

KennethC
Viewer

I appreciate the list of the new domain names.  I actually need to know the status of the new courseware.  Has it been released, and where can I find it?  I still see the previous version of the courseware with just 6 Domains online.

Beads
Advocate I

ISC(2) added Third party management. Took a few minutes to find.

Looking at the ISC(2) Store and seeing the original six domains listed I will tell you that the CBK is probably more than enough to get you started if you read everything in the bibliography as well as the intro pages or text of the book.

The exam was very straight forward when you have at least 2 years of experience in healthcare. Suspect the Third Party Management section will be straight forward enough that you should easily find enough best practices to more than makeup for the lack of published information in the CBK.

I did this test right out of beta with nothing more than the downloadable syllabus from which to work and did just fine. Its a practitioner exam and nowhere near as difficult as the CISSP (still easy with experience). 

My observation on publishing new CBK books tells me your in for a long wait. Probably another 9-12 months minimum if not longer. So I wouldn't hold up on taking the exam if you have the experience and read the existing CBK, you should be just fine.

- b/eads