Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibbik2010
Newcomer II

Giving SSCP Exam Before Free CC Exam- Possible?

Dear ISC & Seniors,

I am scheduling my exam of SSCP a day before CC (Free Exam) -Due to some reasons. I would like to know whether or not this is possible, as I read somewhere that a person would be ineligible for a free CC exam if he/she has already passed an ISC certification before.

I am asking this in case of provisionally passed SSCP, a day before the CC free exam.

Please Advice.

Regards

P.S.: SSCP on 24th October; CC on 25th October

3 Replies
wimremes
Contributor III

I believe the restriction applies to current certificate older. Why your situation is definitely an edge case, you will not be certified SSCP on October 25th so you should be eligible to sit for the CC exam.

That said, the CC is targeted at individuals with no cyber security background while the SSCP requires several years of experience. The expectation, as far as I understand it, is for people with the CC to start their journey and eventually move to the other certifications. 

From a personal perspective you're adding $50 to your AMFs without real perceivable gain.

Sic semper tyrannis.
ibbik2010
Newcomer II

Thank you for your kind response. Actually, I am not 100% sure whether or not I would pass SSCP or not, thus, utilizing the time to attempt two certifications at once.
Actually, my test center is also far away from where I live.

As for the $50, I would consider it the fee for taking a free exam (having more on my CV)
ibbik2010
Newcomer II

BTW, would it be wise to cancel the free CC exam, if SSCP is passed, a day before?
In such a way $50 is saved...