Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

Failed CCSP but I know the content and think I passed

I feel like I knew the content understood the questions and got a majority of them correct. Can I challenge the results? They wouldn’t give me my score. Also I used the ISC2 official content and the only stuff from their content in the exam was SAML, Crypto Shredding, and Data Dispersion. I feel it would do me no good to go back, regroup, study, and retest as I know the content.
21 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

By my math, one can fail the CCSP with as few as 5 wrong answers.   From the FAQ, "Candidates must score above the proficiency level in all Domains in order to pass the exam." 

Hey @denbesten 

I believe the FAQ only states that for adaptive testing. i.e. The English language version of the CISSP.

The only thing stated for linear exams (such as the CCSP) is that you need a scaled score of at least 700 to pass.

Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

It’s a scam.
Cyberconstlearn
Newcomer III

No it isn’t. I understand you’re frustrated but blatantly saying stuff like that just shows how unprepared you are, in experience, to have taken this test. Just as there are multiple ways to learn the other certificates, there is also an expected level of experience for each.
denbesten
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

I believe the FAQ only states that for adaptive testing. i.e. The English language version of the CISSP.

The only thing stated for linear exams (such as the CCSP) is that you need a scaled score of at least 700 to pass.

You are probably right, but (ISC)² does not paint a clear, consistent picture.  For example, from the CAT FAQ, dating back to the timeframe when CISSP transitioned from linear to CAT:

The exam content outline and passing standard for both versions of the examination are exactly the same. Each candidate will be assessed on the same content and must demonstrate the same level of competency regardless of the exam format.

Given that CAT requires both 700 and proficiency in all domains, the above did cause me to make the leap to presuming that the same grading mechanism was also used in the linear versions, which may be a faulty presumption on my part.

Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

It’s a scam. Sticking with ISACA and SANS going forward.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

You are probably right, but (ISC)² does not paint a clear, consistent picture.  For example, from the CAT FAQ, dating back to the timeframe when CISSP transitioned from linear to CAT:

The exam content outline and passing standard for both versions of the examination are exactly the same. Each candidate will be assessed on the same content and must demonstrate the same level of competency regardless of the exam format.

Given that CAT requires both 700 and proficiency in all domains, the above did cause me to make the leap to presuming that the same grading mechanism was also used in the linear versions, which may be a faulty presumption on my part.

It's a reasonable presumption, and should be the way it's done - I'm just not sure that it is.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Ekeller1984 wrote:
It’s a scam. Sticking with ISACA and SANS going forward.

In my opinion the CCSP is ISC2's most difficult exam and has humbled many others so failing is certainly no disgrace but at the same time maybe it's not for everyone.

I wish you the very best with your goals! Smiley Happy

Jf9298
Viewer

I feel the same way. I knew the books back and forth, all the study questions and I am just shocked that I did not pass. I know all the material in the books and I don’t know what to do to learn about what’s on the exam and not in the books.
rslade
Influencer II

@Jf9298 wrote:
I feel the same way. I knew the books back and forth, all the study questions and I am just shocked that I did not pass. I know all the material in the books and I don’t know what to do to learn about what’s on the exam and not in the books.

You can't know all that books.  There are hundreds of them.  Thousands of them.

However, the more important question is, how much experience do you have?

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Subnetwork
Newcomer III

@rslade wrote:

@Jf9298 wrote:

You can't know all that books.  There are hundreds of them.  Thousands of them.

However, the more important question is, how much experience do you have?

You could say this about any certification where there isn't enough "in scope" material to succeed.