Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prakashratna
Viewer

Eligibilities to attempt exam

Having to 18 month of network engineer on paper designation and 26 month of security analyst profile can I eligible to attempt the exam
5 Replies
LArchinal
Newcomer II

Prakashratna,

First, what exam do you wish to take?

Second, it is to my knowledge that will not be stopped from taking any exam. The only problem that may arise is if you pass it, the approval process. Getting the cert is more than just passing the exam, it is passing the exam, providing proof of work experience, getting a member to vouch for you (all of this through the ISC2 application process) and then getting your application approved by ISC2.

I hope this helps.

Prakashratna
Viewer

As the information that I have there are two types 1.CISSP associate (if on paper experience of relavant field is less 2) CISSP professional which normal
Prakashratna
Viewer

According to my on paper designation is not sufficient then after exam the certificates comes with associate, I don't want this
CEMyers
Newcomer III

It is less about the specific timescale but more on the experience gained and your own assessment of readiness to take an exam.  Ask yourself, do I have the basic knowledge and have I experience of applying it? 

• If you are in doubt, check that you meet the entry criteria for the chosen exam and try some of the practice exam tools that are available (to confirm your readiness and to build confidence). 
  • If unsure as to what exam is most appropriate, seek support for the ISC2 team who are excellent at guiding you in the right direction. 
  • Finally, if still unsure consider some of the training options available to you through this site.

Good luck in your development.

CEMyers
Newcomer III

With regard to ratification of the certification, take the exam, if ready, and accept associate status when you pass.  You can upgrade to full professional membership later by submitting future experience. The who point is to unite knowledge and experience, there are no short cuts - nor should there be - to professional recognition.

We all have to jump through hoops in life, they are there (in this case) to confirm status and maintain integrity of the qualification.  You and your employers/clients would not value the qualification if this were not so.