cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snietzsche
Newcomer II

[ELCC] When to Expect Official Results

@AndreaMoore - Maybe you can help:

The Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification page says that we should expect results to be delivered by email 8 - 12 weeks after the conclusion of the pilot program, but I don't see the actual dates of the pilot program listed anywhere. The same page says that exam appointments are available up until 2022-05-31.

Does this mean that we shouldn't expect to see the results of our exams until August? I took the exam right after it was released, so it's a bit frustrating to think that I won't actually be certified for more than 6 months...

Can someone confirm that timeline, or provide a more specific date on when we can expect to receive our certifications? Also, as a side question - Is ELCC (Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification) the official name of the certification, or just a placeholder? What will the name of the certification be once they're issued?

15 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @snietzsche,

That is a placeholder name for now. As for results, until the pilot has concluded (May 31), results are held so that they can be analyzed together to ensure accurate standard setting. I hope this helps!

If you have questions about your examination in particular, please reach out to examadministration@ISC2.org

Thank you!

snietzsche
Newcomer II

Got it. Thanks Kaity!

nkeaton
Newcomer III

That is actually kind of typical.  I have done 4 beta exams with CompTIA, and you never know until the actual exam is released.  My longest one was Cloud+ which was a brand new certification.  That took about 8 months.  While I don't know the actual workings of either organization, it is easy to imagine that there is some analysis and normalization going on.  For instance if almost everyone is missing the same question and answering the same thing, it might make sense to throw it out of the exam evaluation.  In the mean time, remember to include your participation on resumes.  This is a historic and important event, and you reserve credit for being part of it.

billyesp
Viewer III

@Kaity I was told that there will be no results for any entry level certification exams? is this correct? how do we know if we passed or not? I would appreciate your input on this. Thanks

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @billyesp!

Where are you hearing that information? Once the pilot ends and the certification exam becomes fully operational, then everyone who took their exam during the pilot phase will receive their results. 

When the exam is fully operational, there will no longer be any delay in receiving results (as the analysis will be much more straight forward) and those who take the test then will be provided with preliminary pass/fail results on the spot in the Pearson VUE test center.  

billyesp
Viewer III

@Kaity Thanks for your quick response. I contacted Pearsonvue and they informed me that there are no results for any Entry Level Certs. I took ELCC back in April and have not seen my results yet.

Kaity
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying. The pilot results - this is anyone who took the exam called "EL_Pilot: Entry Level Certification Pilot Examination" will all be released at once at the conclusion of the pilot. 

Again, the results for anyone who took the pilot exam will be released after the pilot closes. There are not results yet because the pilot is still open. 

Kenp1980M
Viewer

Hi Kaity,

Do we have a date for the end of the pilot? It was originally 5/31, right? And in an earlier post it sounds like it could be several months after the pilot that the results are released. Am I understanding that right?

Thanks,

Ken

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Kenp1980M 

Here are some links to FAQs: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/entry-level-certification-pilot

Q&A's specifically related to your question are below: 

Q:

When will (ISC)² begin administering the entry-level cybersecurity certification pilot exam?

A:

The initial pilot exam administration period began January 31, 2022. Registration for the pilot exam remains open with appointments currently available until August 26, 2022 (previous close date was May 31). Please note that the pilot exam administration period may be shortened or extended depending on the number or participants taking the exam. We recommend that any interested candidates schedule their exam as early as possible. Any unused vouchers or undelivered exams that are a part of this pilot will be converted to the regular certification program when it becomes available.

All standard (ISC)² exam policies and practices, including rescheduling and special accommodations, also apply to the pilot exam program. Learn more here. For questions, please contact ExamAdministration@isc2.org

Q:

How will I know if I pass the pilot exam?

A:

Since this is a pilot exam program, candidates will not immediately receive results. Pilot exam candidates will receive a notification at the end of their exam that states results will be available in 8 to 12 weeks following the conclusion of the pilot exam period, which allows for a thorough assessment and evaluation of the pilot exam. Candidates will receive notification via the email they used to register for the pilot exam.

When pilot exam results become available, candidates will receive notice of a pass or fail of the pilot exam. No scores or relative performance related to specific domains will be available for the pilot exam.

ISC2 Community Manager