cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrisc2
Viewer II

Difference between CISSP exam

Dear's,

What is the difference between CISSP_CHS_CAT and CISSP. I am planning to take exam kindly recommend and share detials about this difference.

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

i have not seen CISSP_CHS_CAT before but making a guess that this refers to the CAT (Computerized Adaptive Testing) version of the exam.

While traditional linear fixed-form exams (paper based) present candidates with an ordered series of questions, CAT exams adapt the difficulty of questions presented to candidates depending on their responses to previous questions.

Hope that helps

d

tldutton
ISC2 Team

The CISSP_CHS_CAT is for a possible future, CAT-based CISSP exam in Chinese.

tldutton
ISC2 Team

Non-CAT exams are NOT on paper.  All of our exams are delivered via computer at participating Pearson VUE test centers.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Thanks, however Linear exams (NON-CAT) are given in paper form by many organizations and universities.    

tldutton
ISC2 Team

But not by ISC2.

denbesten
Community Champion

If the "CHS" portion is intended to refer to the Chinese language, you might consider adopting ISO 639 within the naming convention for all the reasons that standards are good things.

Along similar lines, ISO 3166-1 defines 2 and 3 letter country codes and ISO 3166-2 defines 2 and 3 letter state/region/province codes.

emb021
Advocate I

@dcontesti wrote:

"Thanks, however Linear exams (NON-CAT) are given in paper form by many organizations and universities."

Yes, HOWEVER, in the world of IT/infosec certification, almost none are in paper form.

I think ISACA was the last major org to move away from paper form exams.

I'm not aware of any who still do.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
geez
Viewer

Is there any detailed introduction about CISSP_CHS_CAT? The recent exam has been forced to change to this exam format. I would like to know how to take the exam and what are the test methods.Are they all multiple choice questions as usual? 

dcontesti
Community Champion

@geez  I think @tldutton may  be the best person to answer this one.

d