Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjarora14
Newcomer I

Didn't recieved Welcome/Endrosement mail

I've finished my CISSP exam on 10/25. The Provisional result told me that I passed the exam and need to wait 2-5 working days for an official e-mail from isc2 But I didn't get any official email and I tried to contact with ISC2 by email. No reply from ExamAdministration@isc2.org and membersupportapac@isc2.org. I didnt even know if my mail find them. Could I get any help here? Thanks

18 Replies
SachPat
Newcomer I

I sat my CC exam on 20th Oct, got the provisional letter at the test center which say Pass but still pending my official ISC2 email so I can complete the process and become a full member.

Today it's 6 weeks! Multiple tickets raised. Multiple phone calls.

I get no updates; I have to send emails/calls chasing.

I have asked for the issue to be escalated twice, nothing.

Issue is still not resolved.

I need to move to CISSP for my job and these delays are not looking good for me to my employer.

denbesten
Community Champion

@AndreaMoorewrote:

I suggest everyone creating an account at isc2 and Pearson Vue should be consistent and use the same email for both registrations.

Also, one needs to make sure their member number matches. If these do not match, results reporting will not never occur.

On the (ISC)² side, everybody that has an account on the "community" has an "(ISC)² Member ID", which can be found by logging into http://www.isc2.org and selecting "My Profile" from the "Hi, $firstname" menu.

On the Pearson Vue side, it can be found by logging into Pearson Vue and selecting "Additional Information" on the right-hand side of the My Account dashboard, where it is labeled "candidate/member number".

And yes, things get confusing because (ISC)² is very inconsistent in their terminology surrounding the name "member". "member number", "non-member number", "member id", "ID/Examination number" and "candidate number" are all synonyms used somewhat interchangeably.

vjarora14
Newcomer I

@AndreaMoore

Thanks for providing such important information. What do you mean by this statement "Also, one needs to make sure their member number matches. If these do not match, results reporting will never occur." Yeah my member ID is different that is the issue from last 1 month my life is roaming around ISC2 to rectify the issue. Please let eveyone know also if member ID is different then how they resolve this before scheduling the exam, so that noone else will face simialr issue.

Now after you statement "Result reporting will never occur" I am bit concerned now. How this is going to be resolsved will I ever get Welcome/Endrosement mail ?????

Today again I got similar mail that ISC2 re-transmitted ticket to Person Vue to get result updated to ISC2. This is third time ISC2 re-transmitted ticket Pearson Vue. I am amused so see that ISC2 has no control over Pearson Vue. ISC2 can't even escalate this to anyone in Pearson Vue to update information. It is more then 4 weeks what kind of process we are following ????

Also, I also mailed to ISC2 which I got from Person Vue side that there is no issue from there end. Please see below resposne.

Dear Vijay ,
Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

We are happy to help you. We would like to inform you that your ISC2 ID is 465720 and non member ID is 837960, is updated already in the system. There is no issue from the Pearson Vue side.

If you have any further questions, please contact us again.

Regards,

Sonam R.
Hello Vijay Arora,

Thank you for your email,
I apologize for your exam results not being available.
I have submitted a ticket to Pearson Vue to re-transmit Pearson Vue to get your exam results into your ISC2 record, I do not have an estimated time on when this will be completed.
Once I have received a response, I will contact you plus the automatically email will be sent to you on the next step in the process once the ticket is completed.
Kind regards,
Patricia White
Exam Administrator

denbesten
Community Champion

@vjarora14wrote:

What do you mean by this statement "Also, one needs to make sure their member number matches. If these do not match, results reporting will never occur." ... Please let everyone know also if member ID is different then how they resolve this before scheduling the exam, so that no one else will face similar issue.

First, those were my (@denbesten) words -- not Andrea's. I am nothing more than another CISSP basically doing exactly what you suggest -- trying to help those who may stumble across this thread.

What I mean by "if these do not match" is that the member number is used as the "primary key" when PearsonVue transmits the results from PearsonVue to (ISC)². If the primary key does not match when copying records from one database to another, updates will not be applied to the destination record. The solution, of course, is to change one of the databases so that the two primary keys match.

Had you noticed and asked prior to scheduling an exam, I probably would have suggested deleting your PersonVue account. Then, while creating a new account, answer "yes" when asked if you already have an (ISC)² ID#. But, you are a bit past that now. In my PersonVue account, that number appears to be editable. Perhaps it would help if you changed it yourself to match what (ISC)² has on file. Even if not editable, you can monitor these two places as you chase support to update it on your behalf.

vjarora14
Newcomer I

@denbesten

Firstly, my bad I taught post from Andrea's and thanks for helping us out.

In addition to this, as you suggested I opened my Pearson Vue dashboard and checked the additional information tab and there I can see same non-member ID as per ISC2 which was not there previously. So, it means both Primary Key are now same at both side (ISC2 and Pearson Vue).

But still question remain same when I will get Welcome/Endorsement mail because yesterday again I got mail that they have again re-transmit ticket to Person Vue to update this information.

@AndreaMoorePlease suggest now seems issue fixed from Person Vue side.

vjarora14
Newcomer I

@AndreaMoore 

Can you please help. Again, I got similar mail from last 45 days I am hearing same thing once ISC2 received the exam result they will mail me. Now I can see on Pearson Vue Dashboard same Non-Member ID as per ISC2. Now what is the issue seems Person Vue fixed the issue??

Is ISC2 can resolve this issue in 2022 or they waiting for Santa to do some magic???

Hello Vijay,

I empathized with your frustration that you have not yet received your exam results. I understand your dashboard is currently showing your correct ID number; Pearson previously had a different ISC2 number associated with your Pearson profile. My team had to reach out to Pearson to have your ISC2 ID number updated, and then request your exam results retransmitted to your accounts. Unfortunately, I currently do not have an estimated timeframe. Once we have received your exam results, we will email you with an update plus, you will automatically receive an email on the next step to complete your endorsement application.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Looks like your customer service representative is working on this and responding to you. Corresponding with that person/department is your best course of action. 

For proper assistance, please contact Member Support Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
+1-866-331-ISC2(4722)
+1-727-785-0189
membersupport@isc2.org
or reach out to your local office: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

ISC2 Community Manager
vjarora14
Newcomer I

@AndreaMoore 

I am not denying they are not resposnding but from last 45 days same response. I still can't believe from last 45 days ISC2 unable to fixed the issue ? I want to know when this is going to be fixed ?? 

After this kind situation I am taking my steps back for CCSP which I planned for coming January and this your business loss as well. 

What you mean by "Corresponding with that person/department is your best course of action. " Can you please elborate ???

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@vjarora14 wrote:

@AndreaMoore 

What you mean by "Corresponding with that person/department is your best course of action. " Can you please elborate ???

Instead of posting here, please email and/or call the customer service representative(s) assigned to your case.

Per the Community guidelines (12.b): 

If you have any issues with your (ISC)2 account, contact Member Services with your specific issue, account number and contact information at membersupport@isc2.org or visit www.isc2.org/contact-us for additional resources. 

Turning off comments on this post as it is a specific account situation and support is actively working on the situation.

ISC2 Community Manager