cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobiasasa
Newcomer I

CISSP - Question

Good morning dear ISC2 community,
I would like to ask a question if possible, I don't know if this is the right place in the forum, I hope I'm not wrong.

I did the CC certification, and I was preparing for the CISSP, but I have seen that you need "five years of demonstrable work experience" and also "for trainings done with ISC2, one year would be subtracted from the five, if I do not have the required years in IT, but if the experience would be possible to get the certification, and that it is valid?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Best regards,

Tobias Kaladjian

3 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @tobiasasa - this page may help with your questions about work experience requirements for the CISSP: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cissp/cissp-experience-requirements

The requirement for CISSP is five years of relevant experience, yes, but if you hold a relevant degree - or another certification from the list on this page - that will waive one year, so you'll only need 4 years of relevant work experience. 

However, if you pass the CISSP exam and do not have enough experience, you'll become an Associate of ISC2 - which means you'll have 6 years to get the work experience you need to become fully certified (without having to take the exam again). 

Rateitzak
Viewer

No, you will not get the certification. You might pass or fail the exam, but you will not getting certified without the 5 Years of ecperience.

Experience could also be compliance and Riskmanagement and operational security, but YOU NEED 5 YEARS in 2 domains.

This is what this certificate is about.

tobiasasa
Newcomer I

Thanks both for the answare.