Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankitnkgpt
Newcomer I

CISSP Endorsement Process Experience

I recently cleared the CISSP exam and am now preparing for the endorsement process.

I have a total of 9+ years of Total experience

with my previous company 6.7 Years (Company 01),  

Currently, I am working at a different company (Company 02) and have been there for around 2 years.

On Both Company i am working on CyberSecurity Domain 

For the endorsement process,

Do i Need to Mentioned Both Company Experience in Domain

Or Mentioning Company01 Detail is Sufficient for Application Process

Does Mentioning Company 01 Manager is sufficent for mentioned in Endorement Application 

Please provide advice

6 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

My take is the more information that you provide, the easier the decision will be to make.

ankitnkgpt
Newcomer I

I recently cleared the CISSP exam and am now preparing for the endorsement process.

I have a total of 9+ years of Total experience

with my previous company 6.7 Years (Company 01),  

Currently, I am working at a different company (Company 02) and have been there for around 2 years.

On Both Company i am working on CyberSecurity Domain 

For the endorsement process,

Do i Need to Mentioned Both Company Experience in Domain

Please provide advice

funkychicken
Contributor I

Any Manager can sign off your work so long as the Manager is in the same scope of work as you. Or you can use the HR manager to sign off the work.

Providing that this has the company letterhead on there and you have all the experience needed which is signed then it should be fine. Give it about 6 weeks for the response though

ankitnkgpt
Newcomer I

Thank you for your response ,
Do i Need to Mentioned Both Company Experience in Application 

dcontesti
Community Champion

For an endorsement, you must have an (ISC)2 credential holder attest to your experience.

From the endorsement process page:

https://www.isc2.org/endorsement?queryID=aed951968f4d08b46020e7d1e271c9b4

For all other certifications, you will be required to provide an endorser – another ISC2-certified professional in good standing – who can attest to your experience. If you do not know another ISC2-certified professional, you can opt for ISC2 to endorse you.

So you may use your manager or Human Resources only if they are certified by the organisation otherwise, you may ask the organisation to endorse you.

d

Kaity
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that reference @dcontesti

From this page, https://www.isc2.org/endorsement

For all other certifications, you will be required to provide an endorser – another ISC2-certified professional in good standing – who can attest to your experience. If you do not know another ISC2-certified professional, you can opt for ISC2 to endorse you.

Your endorser will attest that your assertions regarding professional experience are true to the best of the endorser’s knowledge, and that you are in good standing within the cybersecurity industry. You will need the endorser’s member/certification number when filling out the online application.

You will also be asked to provide your relevant work experience (requirements vary by certification) and can also provide any experience waiver based on certifications held or higher education degrees completed.

Earning a post-secondary degree (bachelors or masters) in computer science, information technology (IT) or related fields may satisfy up to one year of the required experience. Alternatively, a credential from the ISC2 approved list may satisfy up to one year of the required experience. Please note that only one year of experience requirements may be waived by either education or certification.