Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilo
Newcomer I

CISSP - Associate while awaiting endorsement?

Afternoon,

Quick question. Is there a way to obtain associate status while awaiting endorsement on a CISSP? I don't see anywhere to apply for this while awaiting endorsement...

For background, I passed the CISSP test last week, have almost 20 years of Cybersecurity experience, and applied for endorsement, however it looks like endorsement for full CISSP could take 4+ weeks. Associate looks to be something that could be done relatively quicker while awaiting full endorsement?

This is only an issue as I need the cert ASAP (associate or full CISSP) for my job - otherwise I'd just wait.

Thanks!

6 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Would the letter from Personvue (or the email from isc2) satisfy your HR department?  If not, you probably need to contact member services and see if they can change your record.  AFAIK, the only decision point available to soon-to-be members occurs prior to the endorsement submission.

Kilo
Newcomer I

So unfortunately its not for an HR department, but for a DoD (8570.01) requirement.

You're right though, I'm wondering if I should reach out to member services.

Thanks!

Kilo
Newcomer I

Ouch, just called - nothing they can do. I have to wait the 4 to 6 weeks.
Lamont29
Community Champion

I would encourage you to await the full CISSP certification and not 'settle' on the ASSOCIATE designation. You have the paperwork substantiating that you've passed the test, which is the foremost hurdle to cross in becoming a CISSP. Show that to the organization that requires proof of your certification status. I have worked in the private and public sectors, and that has always sufficed when I hired personnel who were newly certified.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
dcontesti
Community Champion

Have to agree with @Lamont29.  Going for the Associate might expedite your request but COULD also complicate your life in the long run.

I would take the letter from Pearson, along with (if you still have them) the endorsement papers as proof.  Also, you might be able to ask member services if they can provide a link or letter stating that the endorsement process takes 4 - 6 weeks from the date submitted, also include the payment of your AMFs to the organisation that you are dealing with.

I hope this helps,

Best

d

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Just to add to this, when you submit your application for endorsement you select whether you have the experience or you are applying for associate status. Given the lead times on endorsement approval, ISC2’s general level of adeptness with systems and the need to follow the correct process it’s unlikely anything could be done in a useful timeframe. Your employer should be able to take you on within the standard probationary period contingent upon you’re getting certified - shouldn’t be any different from any other employee assuming three month probation before confirmation(a very typical process).