cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BingL
Newcomer I

CC Exam Voucher invalid?

Hi, there,

I am pretty new here, registered myself as a isc2 candidate and is now doing the self-paced course for CC.  I tried to register via pearson vue planning to take the CC exam (Toronto area) earlier next week. I picked a time slot to check out ($199+tax).  But when I keyed in the voucher code, the site complained the invalidity of the voucher.  So it seemed that I cannot take the exam for free. Anyone please advise if I am missing anything here?  Anyone from Canada took the CC exam for free?

Thanks in advance.

Bing

5 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

BingL
Newcomer I

Thanks for the quick response, Kudo. 

I must say I am still very baffled.  To me, none of the reasons in your response seem to be applicable in my case.

Here is my voucher story: After I heard about the one million initiative, I went on isc2, created an account, and ordered the CC self-paced class on isc2 on October 15th.  I now pretty much finished the course, and am trying to take the exam in the next few days, (voucher CNDT-CISSP-xx-xxxx issued on October 15 and I tried to apply it within two weeks of its issuance), there shouldn't be voucher expiry possibility here, right?  Plus, I tried to use the CC training voucher for CC exam itself, not for any other exam with Pearson Vue. So the second reason is not true here either.

Welcome any further comments. In the mean time, I will call customer service of pearsonvue and isc2 for any advice to remedy this.

Thanks.

Bing

BingL
Newcomer I

Hey, what does a CC voucher look like for you guys? 

I am not an isc2 member yet (only a candidate, and created my account on isc2 on October15th), the voucher issued to me carried a CISSP string in the middle (CNDT-CISSP-xx-xxxx), is it expected or the system picked wrong voucher for my CC training, isn't it should be something like CC-xx-xxx?

Sorry, I am so new to this, but I take this as a detecting and trouble shooting experience in IT field.

If someone could share your CC voucher format.

Thanks again.

Bing 

chumphr33
Viewer II

@BingL 

CC voucher is located on your candidates benefits page. Click on the "Certified in Cybersecurity exam" link located to the right of Exam Prep. It should take you to a page  1MCC Exam Instructions. On that page will be the promocode and will look somethin like CC1M########

Hope this helps. 

BingL
Newcomer I

Thank you vvvvery much for your detailed instructions on what coupon to apply.  Apparently, I used the wrong one. I just booked my CC exam for free tomorrow.  Again, thanks so much!

Bing