Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carose354
Newcomer I

CAP Exam

Hi! I need help understanding if the CAP exam is now officially based on rev2 or rev1. The outline from the website doesn't seem to align with rev2 yet, and the references page includes stuff from both versions. 

8 Replies
J_Saputo
Newcomer I

Good morning, carose354,

The CAP exam is based on NIST 800-37 Revision 2.

I passed on August 04, 2020.

carose354
Newcomer I

Thanks! I passed! I think I was freaking out for nothing. Although I do think the website should update some of the literature. 

TECHnetperry
Newcomer I

Which document did you use.

carose354
Newcomer I

I focused mostly on 800-37 Rev2 for my studying. 

TECHnetperry
Newcomer I

Rev 2 and the CAP testing domain requirements contradict themselves. Rev 2 specifies that Prepare is the first phase of the RMF, however it doesn't say that the Prepare step is a testable domain in the "CAP Examination Weights" chart. It's confusing! 

TECHnetperry
Newcomer I

would you mind emailing me directly. i am having issues with the study material for this exam?
Court
Newcomer I

Hi ,

I want to write both CAP and CISSP exams this year. The goal is write CAP first since that is in line with what I'm doing now (RMF) in the Federal environment. While I have seen tons of info on CISSP on reddit, I haven't been successful with that of CAP. Any pointers?

talktowendys

carose354
Newcomer I

I liked the FedVTE course- you may have access to that if you work with the govt. It's a very old course, so a lot is out-of-date, but going through that with the updated docs to understand the differences was helpful.