Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbmxc
Newcomer I

Are there other certifications to know for before taking CC?

I was checking a few previous posts and some mention that it requires some knowledge from CompTIA Security+ and the Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate from Coursera.

If that's the case, what parts from those Certificate Objectives should I learn/focus on?

I have for the record the CompTIA ITF+ & A+ Certifications and this is my first time going for a Certificate from ISC2. I'm also pursuing the Network+ Certification.

10 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

One technique that you could use is to write a standard covering letter explaining how you are likely to match in terms of skills, experience and qualifications the sort of positions you'll be applying for.  Then you analyse each job ad and you select the relevant bullet points.  Once you secure an interview you have useful feedback that you did something right in that application.

The thing about a good covering letter is that it shows a) you have carefully read the job posting and tried to understand the role that you're applying for b) that you're not speculatively sending in resumes for just anything at all and are more serious than that and c) that you can actually understand a customers requirements and can sell yourself.  Hiring managers love a good covering letter as they don't have to trawl through long CVs trying to figure out if you meet enough of the requirements of the role, because you've told them the answer off the bat.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS