Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glp20
Reader I

Additional Certification?

Currently have a CISSP, any recommendation on any additional Certs that can compliment it? I

6 Replies
jwilsonjx
Newcomer II

There is an existing thread covering this topic that might be of interest:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Whats-a-great-compliment-to-the-CISSP/m-p/240#M17

The TL;DR is that it depends on your area of focus.

jrisner1
Newcomer III

You and I are in the same boat. I have held several certs over the years they come and go. Now I am trying to solidify myself in IT Security. I am currently studying for the CISA because I do a lot with the auditors and one of them traded me their study materials for mine. Once that is complete I am thinking one of the Cyber Security Certs would be very interesting and worthwhile. The CCSP looks promising also or the CSSLP because I work with developers a lot. I welcome any thoughts on this also. Sometimes I can be out there. I recently completed a year of law school and did my TEMBA a while back but nothing ever seems to elevate me to where I want to be. Anyway Good Luck Bro!!!

glp20
Reader I

Thanks for the feedback

artfulbodger
Newcomer I

The CCSP certification is only a few extra hours learning focusing on Cloud Computing, but this is only of relevance if you are working in a Company adopting Public/Private cloud infrastructure.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP

Richard Carpenter, CISSP
Nothwindtrader
Newcomer II

You could complement your CISSP by the GIAC GISP and the CompTIA CISP.

Also, the ISACA CISA, CISM, or CRISK might be interesting.

jwilsonjx
Newcomer II

"The CCSP certification is only a few extra hours learning focusing on Cloud Computing"

Having just recently completed the CCSP, I think this might be underestimating the level of effort required to pass Smiley Happy