Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-shearer
ISC2 Former Staff

(18 DEC 17) Launch of Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for CISSP Exams--worldwide

I'm very excited about the launch of Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for the CISSP starting December 18, 2017 for all English exams worldwide. To learn more:

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT

Regards,

David Shearer

CEO, (ISC)2

dshearer@isc2.org

Thanks,

David Shearer
| CEO | dshearer@isc2.org | www.isc2.org | iamcybersafe.org |
15 Replies
Gunner
Newcomer III

RadioTeacher,

So true.  When I took my CISSP exam just 45 days ago I didn't review any of my answers.  I just ended my exam and accepted what I selected the first time around.

Best regards,
Rick
CISSP, PMP, ITILv3, LSSGB
Thor
Newcomer I

So many questions 🙂 
All in all I think moving to CAT is a good thing, still need all the knowledge, but not having to cope with the 6 hour brain melt, just focus on the knowledge.

I do have some questions I was hoping you could shed some light on.

1. Will the exam still have multiple choice, scenario multiple choice, drag-drop and hot-spot questions?
  2. Are there plans to move non-English and concentrations to CAT later?
  3. Any suggestions on where the students can get a feel for the new exam format, the old version had/has a brief intro on PearsonVue to the exam format (back button, review, answers etc).
  4. Will a test app similar to the current one be released at some point (ios/Android) to help students and with the CAT format?

Thank you, I think transparency is extremely important when making changes and I hope you can shed some light on the road map and path forward.

Mahalo,

Thor Pedersen
CISSP, CEH, PMP, CCNP et. Al.

Kaity
Community Manager

Good morning, Thor!

I have some answers to your questions ... 

1. The CAT exam uses the same pool of items as the linear exam, and is based on the same outline.
  2. At this time, the only exam transitioning to CAT is the CISSP in English. All other languages/concentrations/certifications will continue to be administered as linear, fixed-form exams.
  3. Our advice is to continue preparing as you had been – the exam outline is the same, so by mastering the domains covered in the outline, your performance should not be affected by the CAT change.
  4. The (ISC)² app will be updated Summer 2018 to reflect change to the content outline, which will happen in April 2018. We’ll also have new courseware out in April, as well as a new study guide.

I hope this helps! 

GY
Viewer II

Good part, testing time is 3 hours.  However when there is only one attempt of a question and no review option will have more anxiety on first few questions until you get used to  format and wording of questions on the exam.

Gunner
Newcomer III

Agree that some will have issues with adapting, but all one has to do right now is just practice NOT reviewing their practice questions.  Start small with 20-25 questions and work yourself up to it.

Best regards,
Rick
CISSP, PMP, ITILv3, LSSGB
Bayshob
Contributor I

Its a good modification. It saves time and energy. Well done !