Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertfest
Newcomer I

retake CISSP

Could I retake an CISSP exam that I failed on february of 2017?, I never tried again because I didn't know in that time that I could retake 3 times... thanks in advanced

4 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There is a formal retake policy which you can find here:

https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam#accordion-e2dd12ee510e4c4791d945a4d0849c26

Retake Policy

You can sit for (ISC)² exams up to three times within a 12-month period.

For the CISSP-CAT, CISSP, SSCP, CAP, CSSLP, ISSAP, ISSEP and ISSMP:

If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 30 days.
If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.

For the CCSP and HCISPP:

If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 90 days.
If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.

+++

As this would be your 2nd attempt, if you fail you would need to wait 90 days before being able to attempt it again.

It's also worth noting, if you took the English language version before and would be looking to do so again you will be taking the CAT version so it's worth reading up on how the exam has changed:

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT

Good luck with your studies!

AppDefects
Community Champion

@albertfest wrote:

Could I retake an CISSP exam that I failed on february of 2017?, I never tried again because I didn't know in that time that I could retake 3 times... thanks in advanced

Yes you can retake the exam up to 3 times a calendar year. Make sure that you study from the current exam outline, What you'll see today is different compared to 2017. Here's a link to the retake policy and the fee chart is here. Good luck!

albertfest
Newcomer I

thanks a lot, I really very appreciate your answered... have a good day and stay safe
albertfest
Newcomer I

it's very important ypur answer as well, thanks a lot, have a nice day and you stay save.