cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahavijay
Newcomer II

passed CCSP exam

Hi All ,

I passed CCSP exam on 3 Sept 2019. I would like to share my experience. I studied ISC2 Official Study guide and the CBK. I also took ISC2 published official question bank.

With the new pattern from 1 Aug the exam duration is reduced to 3 hours and that can be a risky affair for those who are planning and preparing. It took me exact 3 hours and I could hardly finish review of 3 questions that I had marked for review.

Make sure that while preparing you ensure to complete well within 3 hours so that at the time of exam you are on safe side. 4 hours is little too much but 3 hours is little less sufficient for you to come back and review in case you have some answers doubtful.

I passed CISSP 10 years back and that was on paper , no computers and 6 hours so very exhaustive hence won't compare that with CCSP but yes if you are already CISSP then you have a very good chance of clearing this exam.

There are some common areas between CISSP and CCSP but there are some areas/topics that are very specific for CCSP like service models and delivery models, cloud specific risks etc. so the scope and focus is what you need to be aware while preparing for this exam.

ISC2 exam prep questions are good for the alignment of your thought process for the actual exam.

best luck to all those who are planning to take this exam.

26 Replies
EricS-CISSP
Newcomer I

Thanks will do!
EricS-CISSP
Newcomer I

Ok ViJay, I have Adam Gordon's ISC2 Official Guide to the CCSP CBK, 2nd Edition May 2016. I guess this is the latest.
Mahavijay
Newcomer II

yes correct 2nd edition of CBK year 2016.Best luck for the exam and preparations 🙂 
regds,
Vijay
EricS-CISSP
Newcomer I

Hi all,

I passed the CCSP exam on Monday Sep 30th.  Woooooo!  Got down to 3 mins remaining, not enough time to review really, maybe on 1 question. Started out in a sprint and confident of my answers, but then slowed down with scenario questions that take time to read, look for the concept and key words to help guide you to the right answer. I was always ahead of the clock, but got close at the end. Glad that's over! On to the next one ISSAP!

Mahavijay
Newcomer II

congratulations!
Mox
Newcomer I

Congratulations!

I am starting to learn this too. Now I am putting a list of reading materials and I am wondering if the following would be sufficient for CCSP (especially since the new material has not yet arrived). I Passed my CISSP in August.

The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CSSP CBK, 2016

EDUSUM: CCSP: Cloud Security Professional practice tests

Cloud Security Alliance: PDF-documents

Any opinions?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Please note, we have removed the phone numbers from the comments on this thread. Feel free to share your contact information with each other, but utilize the private messenger app for privacy and security. These forums are visible to the public. 😊

ISC2 Community Manager
EricS-CISSP
Newcomer I

Hi,

Your list of materials look good. However, you might want to definitely add practice tests.  Much success to you!

rajaniarjula
Viewer II

StudyingThe Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK, 2nd Edition  and ISC2 Official study guide c enough to cover the new exam topics?

rajeshhbhatt
Newcomer I

Hi Vijay, CCSP Study guide and CBK both books comes with CD/DVD with ebook? It doesn't say that explicitly on website or cover. 

Please advise. Thank you in advance.