cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oradba888
Newcomer III

i wont give up...

Hi All,

I am a SSCP, which I passed in 1 try in 2017.

Now, am studying for the CISSP, took it twice and still no go.

But, I am busting my behind, and will NOT give up. Whatever it takes, im gonna get it

I always advise my kids, " Do one more day, push hard one more time", and I follow this creed.

The more I'm put down, the more I gut it out.

Just an advice to those who want to give up: You give up, you already failed! I see so many posts here about complaints and why they failed and wanting to give up. That is your choice. Posting here about failure will NOT make ISC change your scores. You failed, you failed. I failed, it's on me, no one else.  Study harder, learn more, double effort, and in the end, you will get it.

There is no losing: Only winning and learning.

22 Replies
Chuxing
Community Champion

@oradba888 

I applaud your tenacity! 

I am sure this entire community is behind you!

Thank you!!!!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Chuxing
Community Champion

Like ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu stated in his Art of War : know yourself (weakness in which domain), know your opponent (CISSP way of asking questions).

I have taught and mentored a number of students in exams like CISSP, the key is to understand why during studying and especially when working on practice questions, don’t  try to memorize.

As they say, third time’s a charm...

Another key is to understand why the right answer was the BEST answer for that particular question AND understand why the wrong answers were NOT the best answer for the question asked. Knowing what separates the right answer from the wrong ones will help you immensely.

I am currently sitting in a CCSP class  and when going over the review questions I am seeing the same thing from fellow students that I saw during the CISSP class. Students will argue why they BELIEVE their WRONG answer is superior to the right answer. They will argue excessively trying to prove their point instead of trying to understand what makes the correct answer the best one for the scenario presented. I imagine they will struggle with the exam as well.

Try to understand why you got a question wrong instead of fighting the question. If you come from a strong technical background you may struggle more because you will be down in the details instead of up in a higher level view.

Don't give up. It is possible to pass.

apbanohit
Newcomer II

Great advice Scott!  One has to learn to learn to think like a CISSP.

mpspo
Viewer

Don't quit!

The best CISSP exam advice I received was to remember that, above all, it's an English test.

I took that to heart and -- it wasn't pretty -- but I managed a 1st-time pass.

All the best,

--Mike, CISSP

Konstantine79
Viewer

That is great advice! Great job sticking with it. I am sure you will pass soon.
AppDefects
Community Champion

Focus your learning on the domains and subject areas like encryption that might not be familiar. The Candidate Information Bulletin is your BEST friend. Work through scenarios to develop deep critical technical thinking - that will be the game changer for you. Good luck!

MikeGlassman
Contributor II

It's difficult.
But I have faith that you will pass. In the end, you will know all the answers by heart 🙂
Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man