cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tldutton
ISC2 Team

Resources and approaches to preparing for any ISC2 Exam

Hello,

I'm Terence (Terry) Dutton and as the Senior Exam Content Development Manager for ISC2 as well as a certified ISC2 member (CISSP, 2009), I'm in a unique position to provide a structured approach to preparing for any of our certification exams.  I can't go over actual exam content, but I can share what FREE resources ISC2 provides as well as the process I've used to successfully prepare for all of my certification exams (past and present) such as CISSP, PMP, MCSE: Security, and CCNA.

Just send me an IM on this platform and I'll reach out to you.

69 Replies
ctalavat
Newcomer I

I would suggest to find other resources outside of what ISC2 offers. I took the exam last month and did not pass. There were some questions that ISC2 material did not cover. I purchased the ebook and that was a lot of redundancy with what the tutorial offers. Unless you work in the field or around cybersecurity, it may be difficult to prepare for it. After doing more research, that was a consensus I found. I just want you to know and be prepared. I was confident going in and was surprised of some of the questions and not passing. Since this is a free opportunity, I would suggest paying for tutorial platforms that are out there. Good luck!
ctalavat
Newcomer I

Look up some material on Udemy and pay for it. This exam is worth $150 or more so paying for a $20 course is worth it.
APittman
Viewer II

Hi Terry,

My name is Adam Pittman. After taking what I thought to be a very good class at Training Camp, I failed my first try at the CISSP exam. It took a toll on me, as I have been in IT for more than 30 years, and haven't failed an exam since College in the mid-80s.

I purchased the online training from IS2 and am slowly going over it. Any help or suggestions you can send my way would greatly be appreciated!

BrittneyWidmer
Newcomer I

Hi @tldutton - can you please let me know what free resources/approach you recommend for the CISSP? Needing improvement especially in domains 1,3 and 4. Thank you!

please send me isc2 past questions
tldutton
ISC2 Team

@temitayorebecca we don't have past questions that we can share.  Any that have been removed from our exams for being outdated or continuous poor performers are permanently removed from our question bank.

Disciple
Viewer III

Hello there Terence,
I'm pretty new here and I absolutely love ISC2, I wish I knew about such a community much sooner.
I'm honored to have had such viable resource in this cybersecurity field for my future career.

I just completed my CC Certified in Cybersecurity course and would love tips, advice, resources on how I can properly and successfully study and pass the exam.

This is my first time reaching out to anyone, so I'm taking a leap of faith.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you!
Blessings!

P.S. Thank you for the work and assisstance you've put in to assist us, it means so very much! 

moshibly
Viewer

I'm interested in preparing for the CISSP exam. Thanks Mohammad

Rob_P-way
Viewer III

Hi Terry,
I just recently completed a 5-day course for the new CGRC exam. Knowing that the exam/course is restructured do you have any resources for it? It may still be too early but I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least ask.

Thanks,
Rob
Lloydchivige
Viewer II

Good day. I am writing my CC exam today. Kindly send the resources. Thank you

Regards