cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tldutton
ISC2 Team

Resources and approaches to preparing for any ISC2 Exam

Hello,

I'm Terence (Terry) Dutton and as the Senior Exam Content Development Manager for ISC2 as well as a certified ISC2 member (CISSP, 2009), I'm in a unique position to provide a structured approach to preparing for any of our certification exams.  I can't go over actual exam content, but I can share what FREE resources ISC2 provides as well as the process I've used to successfully prepare for all of my certification exams (past and present) such as CISSP, PMP, MCSE: Security, and CCNA.

Just send me an IM on this platform and I'll reach out to you.

63 Replies
tldutton
ISC2 Team

@LD-1119 

It sounds like a very logical approach.  I would download each respective certification's exam outline and compare for similarities and gaps.  Taking the SSCP before the CISSP will definitely prepare you for the type of questions you'll experience on the CISSP.  Keep in mind that the CISSP typically takes a more "management" perspective on a given topic where as the SSCP is more from a technician perspective.

Usman
Viewer II

I would appreciate, if you could share resources CC Exam, I already took ISC2 Couse on CC.
Quintessence
Viewer

Hello, my name is Seth. I have been mostly studying to take the CompTIA sec plus 701 exam, but I would like to take this as well. If you could share any insight or resources you have, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Oluwatosin1
Viewer II

IM
rctate357
Viewer II

Good Evening, 

I am iin the process of studying for the CC exam.  I was not successful on the first attempt, so I am working on the second.  Could you please provide any free resources that I can utilize for the exam?

Thank You

kiran5
Newcomer I

IM

Benjamin1_2024
Viewer II

Hi,

My name is Chukumah, and I am preparing for a certified cybersecurity exam,

please, I don't know if I get some material that will help me for the exam.

Thank You

Ezekieludeh
Viewer

I need resources and guidelines to prepare for the exams.

anilprajapati
Newcomer I

1. go through complete online course of isc2

2. linkth resource 

3. take time to learn throughly

4. make mind map of the all modules

5. practice ..practice..practice..

6. believe in yourself

tsheposoloane
Viewer

Good day

I have just completed registration for free training material from ISC2, and i guess it'll be mailed. Nevertheless i'm a bit anxious about whether the material will be adequate for a successful certification? If not please advise.