Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imran_sdq
Newcomer I

Recommended CISSP 2021 Exam Prep Book?

Can any member recommend best CISSP exam prep book?

I bought (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 9th Edition, it was recommended by ISC2, book says Official CISS Study Guide.

This book is not written according to CISSP domains. It has 21 chapters, and each chapter covers different CISSP domain or part of different domains. It was a mistake to buy this book as in my opinion book chapters should had been organized according to CISSP domains. 

CISSP Study Guide 4th edition (Syngress) by Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, and Joshua Feldman is organized according to the eight exam domains with each chapter covering one domain. I have not purchased this book, just checked TOC. CISSP® Study Guide | ScienceDirect

Has anyone used CISSP Study Guide 4th edition for exam prep and passed the exam? Would you recommend this book?

Any other book someone would like to recommend based upon their experience?

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Which book I think is much less important than actually taking the time to read cover to cover, and research any concept you don’t understand.

Use the exam outline and the CBK ref material to prepare in addition to your selected book give each domain around a week and if you’re good at comprehension you’ll be golden.
Imran_sdq
Newcomer I

🙂

it will take much more than a week for me for a domain.

I have several other certs, but I am a bit late for CISSP, so for me it will take time, and I need a very good book for self-study.

I have ordered CISSP Study Guide 4th edition (Syngress) which is 1/2 verbose than Sybex, and it is organized according to CISSP domains. Saw recommendation of its older edition by a good few. New version came in March 2023 so it has not many reviews on Amazon.

I have also ordered 11th Hr (though it is dated) and Sybex practice tests.

denbesten
Community Champion

The exam itself is not organized by domain.  Although there are a fixed number of questions from each domain, you are not told to which domain a question belongs.  The domain to which a particular thing belongs is of almost no importance for anything other than discussing the various topics in an organized manner.

Back when I took the exam, all my study materials were organized around 10 domains, but the test I took and passed the 8 domain version.  Honestly, if I were not "told" that was the case, I never would have known.