cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio_danzetta
Newcomer I

Question about official books for self study and about exam

Good evening,

I was collecting information to evaluate the possibility of undertaking the path towards CISSP certification independently.
Among the resources available for self-training are also your official manuals on Amazon and Wiley.
Someone can tell me if the current versions of these will also be valid for 2022 or is it better to wait for the new ones?
And finally, if it is possible to register for the exam even by studying independently, how many times can I register in a year.

Thank you very much and best wishes for a happy new year.

My best regards.

Fabio Danzetta
10 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

@natasha12 wrote:

Hi -- so will the materials be updated for 2024?  

All (ISC)² exams are significantly updated on an approximately 3-year schedule and I presume receive ongoing minor updates. Study guides are updated on whatever cycle the author picks.  Some update after the new CBK is released, some skip cycles, some update more frequently.  

However, it does not really matter because (1) the state of the industry changes only slowly so references tend to "age gracefully", (2) you should be using all the references (not just the "official guide"), and (3) the exam and the study materials are written by different people who are not permitted to talk to each other.