Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pillaiarun
Newcomer I

Pursuing CISSP-ISSAP Certification

Hi All, Completed CISSP this year and pursuing CISSP-ISSAP. Upon researching online didn't find much of a concrete study material or guidance on how to go about, unlike CISSP. Kindly advice on how to go about or point in the right direction. Thanks & Regards, Arun
6 Replies
ACJ
Viewer

I would suggest a boot camp - the exam changed in July 2017. Anything you find on line now will probably be for the old exam. there is something like 2k ISSAPs in the world, so not that may posts.   Although the old material should cover you, it did not work out that way for me. The level of details is far more in depth than the CISSP.  Good Luck !

Pillaiarun
Newcomer I

Thanks for the guidance ACJ
Dz0Zzl1968
Viewer III

Hi, obvious but important, order het ISC2 original CISSP-ISSAP book and if you need to attend a training class of an ISC2 accreditated instructor. I’am also using rhe Quizlet app on mobile to study and rehearse definitions, there are multiple flashcard sets available.
rholcombe
Newcomer I

I've thought about CISSP-ISSAP as well, and not to throw a wet blanket on it, how much value does this really have? I've been a security architect for about 8 years and can't remember ever meeting anyone with this. Would potential money and effort be more valuable to focus on something like sabsa training?

sarita_basnet
Newcomer II

This security architect certification is an excellent way to hone your craft. But is it right for you?

You’re a great fit for the CISSP-ISSAP if you:

1. Are a life-long learner who craves a new challenge.
2. Want to go beyond the CISSP. You have a competitive spirit and want to stand out from your peers.
3. Want to be seen as a subject matter expert and prove your knowledge in a more focused area.
4. Are looking ahead in your career. The CISSP-ISSAP will help you achieve an even higher level of success.
5. Need this concentration to move into a specific job.

The CISSP-ISSAP is ideal for those working in roles such as:

1. System architect
2. Chief technology officer
3. System and network designer
4. Business analyst
5. Chief security officer

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

The official text is the place to start.  You'll need to read through the references at the end of each chapter (many of these are in the public domain).  If you've read a number of the NIST SP800 series, IETF RFCs you'll be in a reasonable good position.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS