Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy69
Newcomer III

Post CSSLP suggestion request

Hi everybody. After getting CSSLP I would like to go deeply in secure software development, because is the field I'm employed on. So I would like to have a suggestion about the next certification to take. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I’m tacking over to Certified Software Qualuty Engineer and looking into a graduate program in software engineering.

SANS has some secure development courses that msy be of interest, but they’re expensive and rarely delivered:

https://www.sans.org/courses/developer
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
Andy69
Newcomer III

Thank you very much. I appreciate your suggestion.

ro83
Newcomer III

I personally started with CMU SEI Software Architecture Professional Certificate courses after passing CSSLP to get better overview about software development in the bigger picture. Do not forget that there are other important qualities next to security also for building high quality software. Also I am working on CISSP to understand IT related security more wider. If your work is related to AWS then solution architect certification includes some useful cloud security topics also. And as much as I have heard then if you want hands on experience then there is nothing better than CEH.

Andy69
Newcomer III

Thank you  ro83, I think that must of all the CEH is the first choice before others certification. I think I'm gonna take it in the next future.

@ro83 wrote:

I personally started with CMU SEI Software Architecture Professional Certificate courses after passing CSSLP to get better overview about software development in the bigger picture. Do not forget that there are other important qualities next to security also for building high quality software. Also I am working on CISSP to understand IT related security more wider. If your work is related to AWS then solution architect certification includes some useful cloud security topics also. And as much as I have heard then if you want hands on experience then there is nothing better than CEH.