Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Secur3
Newcomer I

Passed the CCSP-My two cents

Hello. I just passed the CCSP exam and wanted to share my thoughts for those interested in pursuing it.

1-First started by watching the Cybrary CCSP course (Link)

2-Read the Sybex CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (Link)

3-Read the CSA Security Guidance Version 4 (Link)

4-Read about half of the Cloud Computing Risk Assessment by ENISA (Link)

5-Completed the approximately 1000 online questions provided by Sybex

Based on my experience, the exam IS DIFFICULT. Even though I have my CISSP and several other certifications and years of experience, the exam was very challenging. The time required for the exam is more than enough in my opinion and therefore spend some time on the questions (2 minutes or less is the time allowed per question).

Now that it's over, my recommendation would be to have a solid work experience in security and the cloud. Having the CISSP helped a lot so I recommend you complete the CISSP first.

I can not go into details about the exam, however, in terms of studying for it, I would say the Sybex CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide is more than enough combined with experience and the CISSP. The Cybrary videos were very helpful but some of the topics don't align with the book and the material to study keeps growing and growing so I had to draw the line somewhere. The CSA document and the ENISA one were very boring and I did not see their reference to this high level, more management focused exam so I can not recommend them for the test but I can recommend them if your day-to-day work involves cloud risk management or even the implementation/management of cloud services at your workplace.

All in all, I spent the last 6 months studying whenever I could. The Sybex questions online were really helpful in going over the studied material. The passing score is 70% and you have 4 hours to complete the test.

If you want more information on the test, visit the ISC2 link by clicking here.

If anyone has any questions (anything except asking me the questions on the test), feel free to send me a message.

Good luck!

17 Replies
sjake53
Viewer III

Secur3,
Great breakdown of your process and thanks for sharing! Completion of the CCSP is one of my 2018 goals. The steps and insight you've provided will assist in building the foundation of a successful study plan.

Congratulations on achieving!
breebree09
Viewer II

Thanks for your comments on the test. I am CISSP and I am planning on taking the CCSP exam. Can you provide me with the link to the Sybex questions you mentioned.

Secur3
Newcomer I

Hello. The link for the sybex questions are included in the book and you will need to register your book to access those questions. Here is the link as I know many have had trouble finding: https://testbanks.wiley.com/WPDACE/Login
Secur3
Newcomer I

Thank you. I am glad I could help.
Secur3
Newcomer I

As with any ISC2 exam, no matter how many questions you do and how sources you use, absolutely none will resemble the ones on the exam (as far as my experience has been). Just focus on your training and hands-on experience and use the questions only as a guide.
namanrg
Newcomer I

Can you please share the link for CCSP sybex 1000 question online book?

Secur3
Newcomer I

Romualds
Newcomer II

Congratulations!

Agree with your comments on the paramount influence of CISSP, experience, study of CCSP specific material including Cybrary courses!