Announcements
Planned Site Maintenance
Due to scheduled maintenance, account creation for new Community users will be unavailable 11 a.m. Eastern October 23, 2020 – October 24, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viewer II

Re: Passed my CCSP exam on 05/23! (long post)

I'm a CISSP too, nothing I read in the ISC2 study guide prepared me for the test.  I have 25 years in IT and 5  years building Cloud Security and transport.  The book I read did not prepare me at all for the test and its ISC2 Official Study guide.  

In order to pass this you have to learn to take a test with trick question.  This is a total waist of time and now I must be done again and they will get more $$.

-unLucky

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Passed my CCSP exam on 05/23! (long post)

With twenty years in IT, though comparatively smaller time specific to IT security, I read:

CISSP for Dummies

(ISC)2's CBK by Alan Gordon

Mike Chapple's CISSP Study Guide (8E)

C4D was a waste of money, but it introduced me to the wide-ranging variety of disciplines.

CBK seemed unwieldy and organized, but it was fairly definitive.

SG8E was the book that tied everything together.

Passed first time, but I must credit Craig Cunningham for his boot camp.  What appeared as words on the pages of three different books became three-dimensional structures in his class.

---
I've always said, "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."