cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neerajshah
Newcomer I

Passed CISSP finally

Dear friends, 

I couldn't express the thrill i felt when i passed my CISSP last week after failing 2 attempts. Yes- after failing 2 attempts.  The reason i am posting this is because i do not want any potential test takers to give up if they fail.

CISSP is a tough exam , tests you in & out and what makes matters worse is the cost . After failing 2 times, i had given up, felt frustated as you can see about $1400 was already spent.  But i  decided to give  it one last shot thinking that since i have already prepared & gone thru the materials repeatedly twice it shouldn't be as bad this time.

What makes this exam different from any other tech exams i have passed is that this one tests your concepts in n out. I highly recommend to folks to not memorize things but understand the fundamentals behind each topic.  Lastly don't be under the impression to expect any of the practice questions from the books, online tests to appear in the exam.  Definitely the most challenging exam i have ever experienced. 

7 Replies
Gareth_Milne
Newcomer II

Well done my friend. I just passed this month too. 4 months of sacrifice for my wife and 7 (then 3) month old child. Phew.
byul
Viewer II

I wish I could become a good facilitator to change society by becoming a security expert after the change of mind.

Congratulations again.

AndrewB
Viewer II

Congratulations!

Keep up the security study and you will be just fine. Persistence is key in security, people do not want to listen the first time when you suggest they improve security. So when it feels tough, just remember you eventually passed your exam!

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Fantastic!!  Congratulations and well done persevering and not giving up at the first or second hurdle.  I am sure you will become a great ambassador for many more following in your foot steps.

Regards

Caute_cautim

neerajshah
Newcomer I

Thanks for the kind words.
Lamont29
Community Champion

Congratulations on passing the CISSP! And I am very gratified to hear your summation of your test-taking experience. It proves the point that this test is even more challenging than the long format. I think that you've shown perseverance which is a great character trait for any security professional!

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
dreastans
Newcomer III

Way to stick with it!  And congratulations on passing.  Everything you said is true.  I'm glad you figured it out.  3rd time is the charm!

---
Andrea Stansbury- CISSP