Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigM
Newcomer I

Next edition of the CISSP book and exam?

Hi folks,

As we're now in 2018 I'm hoping to get an exact date for the switch over to the next edition of the CISSP book and exam.

I understand it may be April, is there now an exact date on that?

Thanks,

Craig

18 Replies
Bayshob
Contributor I

Contact ISC2

Bayshob
Contributor I

Good to know. Cheers
mamane
Newcomer II

Hi Graig

The Detailed Content Outline has been updated and will go live in April.

There are some slight changes but the most important is the balance of weights.

For a CISSP candidate working towards the exam the current materials are still valid.

Cheers!

Mamane

CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ISO27K LA, CMQ/OE, PMP
mamane
Newcomer II

Hi Guys

The official (ISC)2 Detailed Content Outline are available her:

https://downloads.isc2.org/credentials/cissp/CISSP-Detailed-Content-Outline.pdf

Enjoy!

Mamane

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello Craig,

The updates to the CISSP exam will happen April 1. We'll have a new course then, and aiming for a new CBK book in the Summer.

We'll share details as we have them! In the meantime, we have both versions of the exam outline (prior to April 1, and after) available for download on our website.

kashifrana84
Viewer

Hello

I noticed new contents have few new topics in some domains. It means do I need to wait for the new book to take new CISSP exam in April or I can pass the exam with current content?

Regards,

Kashif

mamane
Newcomer II

Hi Kashif

I don't believe that the changes will have a big impact on the exam. If you feel a good level of preparedness you can sit for the exam.

Mamane

kratzy11
Newcomer II

I am liking many of the changes in order to keep up with the technology. Excited to see how the new topics are being covered and what is being emphasized. As an assessor, I am still using the CISSP book to ensure my assessments cover the best practices and to come up with additional questions included in the assessment.

mamane
Newcomer II

Indeed Kratzy11

I'm working on a Last minute guide to CISSP and the changes have no real impact on my book. Of course I updated the few changes in the DCO!

Cheers

Mamane