cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhatisunil
Viewer III

Need Book recommendation for CISSP 2024

Hi All,

I am starting my preparation for the CISSP certification and would greatly appreciate any assistance with the latest books and notes, especially after the recent update to the CISSP curriculum for 2024.

If anyone can suggest some recommended study materials or share any notes that would be helpful, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Sunil

5 Replies
riffjim4069
Newcomer III

The two I'd recommend are: 

1. ISC2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 10th Edition with Mike Chapple (2024).  It covers all the the latest-and-greatest CBK updates, and is shipping next month (June).  You can pre-order a copy from Amazon or, better yet, order directly from Wiley Publishing and use your 30% ISC2 Members discount, if applicable.  

2. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Ninth Edition (2021)  It doesn't cover the latest updates (I'm not sure when their 10th Edition will be published) but it's 1320 pages of goodness, is written in accordance with the wishes of Shon Harris, and would be my #1 recommendations if if covered the latest CBK updates.  Honestly, you couldn't go wrong reading this book cover-to-cover and simply reconciling it with any minor updates to the exam objectives. 

I've been a CISSP for going on 20-years, and I finally decided to update my signed Shon Harris CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 3rd Edition (2005) since, while still a good reference, was certainly dated.  So I ordered the Ninth Edition a couple months back and plan to read it, cover-to-cover, over the Summer.  Never hurts to keep your knowledge base up-to-date.  I'll read the Mike Chapple book [hopefully] before the year is up.  

Good luck with your study plan!

bhatisunil
Viewer III

Thanks a lot riffjim4069.
emb021
Advocate I

In addition to the 2 books recommended, I would add:

"ISC2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Practice Tests"

It looks like the All-in-One folks no longer have their own CISSP practice test book.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
riffjim4069
Newcomer III

Get the hard copy and read them in natural direct or indirect sunlight....you eyes will appreciate not staring at a computer screen, your lack of current or future headaches will appreciate it, and you'll be focused and retain double the information over the digital version.  Trust me!  1000005386.jpg

TimT4121
Viewer

ISC2 Members will receive 50% off practice test books and study guides from Wiley publications.

Login to your ISC2 account and navigate to the ISC2 Member Benefits page to obtain the discount code.

Happy studying. 

tt