cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baltatsu
Viewer II

Inquiry Regarding Release Date of Updated official CBK Reference for CISSP

Dear ISC2 Community,

As a proud holder of the CISSP certification, I am eager to stay abreast of the latest developments and updates in the field of information security. I recently became aware that ISC2 has initiated the periodic update process for the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) content, effective April 15, 2024.

I understand the significance of these updates in ensuring the relevance and currency of the CISSP certification. With that in mind, I am curious about the anticipated release date for the updated CBK Reference reflecting these changes. Keeping up with the evolving landscape of cybersecurity is crucial, and having access to updated study materials is invaluable for CISSP candidates and certified professionals alike.

Could someone from ISC2 kindly provide insights into when we can expect the release of the updated CBK Reference? Any information regarding the timeline for its availability would be greatly appreciated by the CISSP community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

3 Replies
waliji
Contributor I

Please note that as ISC2 FAQ

"The Official ISC2 CISSP training course has been updated as of April 1, 2024, to reflect the changes to the exam outline that will be implemented April 15, 2024."

Also Updated Outline is available on ISC2 website following link 

CISSP-Detailed-Content-Outline-with-Weights-2024.pdf (isc2.org)

Another update is that 

"ISC2 is building a Unified Body of Knowledge for the cybersecurity profession – All cybersecurity professionals are invited to participate in this landmark project."

ISC2 Unified Body of Knowledge Project

waliji
Contributor I

Regarding Unified Body of Knowledge

Unified Body of Knowledge

"The Unified Body of Knowledge will be an accurate, well-sourced and accessible online knowledge base that supports the needs of professionals from beginner to expert.

The Unified Body of Knowledge will transition ISC2 from scheme-dependent ISC2 Common Bodies of Knowledge (CBKs) to a single corpus. It will support ISC2’s knowledge management strategy from foundational to advanced concepts. It will also refresh all current ISC2 CBKs, resulting in:

New insights for innovation and the improvement of knowledge management methods
Stronger networks to facilitate idea exchange and diversity of thought.

Retiring dated or obsolete ideas and practices.

A collaboration boost between ISC2, its members and volunteers

Project Updates

March 2024 – The first Content Advisory Panel workshop was held over three days. CISSPs from seven nations reviewed and commented on the Technical Domain Panel’s results. We saw intercontinental collaboration and innovation as they prepared the content to be released for public review and feedback.

February 2024 – The first Technical Domain Advisory Panel workshop discussed the ISC2 CISSP CBK. This panel reviewed and revised over 700 comprehensive worksheets derived from the initial content. Over 50 CISSPs representing 16 countries collaborated virtually over the course of four weeks."

baltatsu
Viewer II

Thank you for providing us with a comprehensive update on the ongoing transition of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) to the Unified Body of Knowledge. It's heartening to see the concerted efforts towards creating a more cohesive and accessible knowledge base for professionals across various proficiency levels.

I particularly appreciate the insights shared regarding the Exam Outline, as it was essential for me to not only understand the terminology but also grasp the precise content being assessed. This clarification greatly enhances the preparation process for CISSP candidates.

Additionally, I eagerly await the release of the Unified Body of Knowledge. Having a consolidated and updated resource will undoubtedly aid in reinforcing our understanding of essential cybersecurity concepts and practices.

Once again, thank you for your dedication to excellence and transparency in this process.

Best regards,