cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jchilders
Viewer II

(ISC)2 CC - Question for the Board.

Hi all,

General question for the individuals who have gone through the course and also sat for the CC exam. I decided to sign up for the course as a result of finding this through YouTube. In doing so and for full disclosure, I have what amounts to be maybe better than most entry level knowledge of cybersecurity. My question comes down to, I took the pre-assessment test and scored a passing grade is the pre-test as I will call it, a good foundation for knowing whether I can pass the real CC exam? If it matters for context I scored north of 80% and wanting some feedback. 

Thanks for your time and reading this everyone!

5 Replies
Jchilders
Viewer II

Bumping. Also curious if anyone knows of the cert exam is required if you go through Coursera for the cc course?
tldutton
ISC2 Team

I would highly suggest that anyone taking ANY ISC2 exam to go through hundreds, if not thousands, of practice questions from multiple sources to gauge your preparedness.  Do NOT rely on just one source!

denbesten
Community Champion

@Jchilders wrote:

[Is] the cert exam is required if you go through Coursera for the cc course?

Apologies that this was not answered earlier.

Passing the cert exam is an absolute prerequisite for earning the certification.   Although some study-courses, offer a "final exam", that is NOT the same thing.  The only exam that will earn you the certification is the one taken at a Pearson Vue testing center.

CCucina
Viewer II

Do you know of credible sources for additional questions? I've done a few searches and most of the sites don't look reputable.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’ve never sat the CC, so please take this with this disclaimer.

Please steer well clear of anything that looks like it might be a brain dump of stolen exam questions.

IMHO the way to pass an ISC2 exam is to learn the knowledge covered so that you see a term on the page and you recall its meaning, you can contextualise it in the menagerie of security items and you can explain why it exists and how it’s used. A binge on questions is an inefficient way of learning and especially where there are not many quality examples any should be kept for confirmation of knowledge, after a review seminar an Instructor will give you one exam - if you learned the content it’s more than enough, if you didn’t there’s no amount of questions you can cycle through that can save you.

CC does not have an official study guide - and in comparison to other certifications it’s kind of ‘out there’ before it’s ready, but it does have five domains that can map nicely to other certifications, so far better than spinning you wheels looking for loads of questions that probably don't exist, you can map the domains in CC to those of SSCP(or even CISSP), Security+(highly comparable though more advanced) in the study guide/test question books and sites that exist for those more mature certifications:

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cc

Reinforcing my teaching point, I’d advise quality over quantity here, only use your tests at the end of solid study and it will do its job of confirming your knowledge without making you worry over not having ridiculous numbers of questions that might not yet exist for the CC, or worse still might have dodgy provenance and sucker you into accessing stolen questions in brain dumps.