Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Don't be afraid of Government Regulations! Take the CAP!

Hello everyone! I just took and passed the Certified Authorization Professional exam. Leaning about how the Reference Managment Framework aligns with the Systems Development LifeCycle was a hoot! It's a good exam to take and one that's going to be really sought after as large companies and the Federal Govt decide how important it is to have security controls on your network. As me any question here and I will try to help!

Pat Hairston

CISSP, CAP

17 Replies
jrisner1
Newcomer III

Can you elaborate a bit more on the exam? I am curious about it.

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

The exam consists almost entirely of the Reference Management Framework and the resulting NIST control standards and how to implement them. Mostly the Federal Government uses these standards, but I'm finding alot of large companies are starting to see the value of securing their networks using these standards..

Cobra302pwr
Newcomer I

Hello Pat,

First I would like to say congrats to ya on passing the exam. I was wondering if you could tell me what are some good training materials or classes I could attend and acquire to better prepare me for this exam?

V/R

Alphonso Price

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

I took the online class from ISC2. The Body of Knowledge is the best thing that helped me get ready for the class. The book ISC2 gives you is set up nicely. That's all I used. Plus, having an overall knowledge of NIST and the network approval process helps!

Let me know if you have anymore questions...

Cobra302pwr
Newcomer I

Thank you very much!! Your advice is very much appreciated, thank you Sir.

I sure will, have a good one.

kenisia_wilson
Newcomer I

kenisia_wilson
Newcomer I

Hi Pat,

I am scheduled to take the CAP exam this year. Can you provide any references or resources that helped you to prepare the most for the exam?

kenisia_wilson
Newcomer I

Just noticed your reply to others on this topic. I appreciate your input. Thanks and congrats to you!
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

I'll also add understand the Systems Development Life Cycle and how it mirrors the RMF framework. Once I learned that, the test was a piece of cake, I swear. It was alot easier than the CISSP...

Pat