Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ourrob
Viewer II

Cissp passed my exam 17th May 2018

Just wanted to share my experience of my preparation and the exam, as i found these forums very useful when studying. Firstly ive been working in security and networking for the last 20 years so have a good basis of knowledge of quite a few of the domains.

I did 3 weeks for prereading a 1 week training course and 3 more weeks study before doing the test.

This may appear quite light but I felt with my background this would be sufficient. My pre reading was based on the sybex book 7th edition. After the course I used a combination of the course notes and the kindle version of the 8th edition.

In the weeks after the course leading up to exam I did a 1 hour test every other night and noted every question i was unsure of or got wrong. Id spend the next evening going back over those questions. Basically repeated this process until exam day. I was getting high 80% marks on all the practice tests that I did.

None of the questions I practised came up on the test of course but it did prepare me for the style of questions and highlighted my gaps in knowledge. The exam exited at the 100 question mark at around 2 hours and then had a few mins anxious mins to wait to find out whether I had passed.

Throughout the exam i was fairly sure i had failed. On reflection i probably was 95% sure on half of the questions. The rest i could narrow down to 2 choices. So my advice during the exam would be to remain calm and keep plugging away not matter how badly you think its going

I hope this helps

0 Replies