Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slimard
Viewer II

CISSP provisionally passed today 29-03-18

I provisionally passed CISSP today. Seems ISC2 will conduct some forensic checks.

My experience is 20 years in IT where I covered different functions from field technician, system engineer, devops and leading a team of sysadmin & dba. 

In January I went to a 5 days bootcamp with Global Knowledge.

After that I did some hard study using different books (Conrad, Sybex, AIO) and then started to practise questions to identify the areas where I needed more knowledge. Then I deeped dive in those aeras from different  security articles.

The exam itself iq quite difficult as you need really to apply the concept and think as a manager. I took my time to respond to the first questions as next questions will depend on the previous answers.

I have answered 121 questions when I ran out of time. Then I got the results which said provisionally passed. 

Waiting now for official result.

5 Replies
OS22783
Newcomer II

grats! It is a long road to victory 🙂

expect a few more weeks until you actually get the paper in hand. but that is one more thing to check off the list. well done!

Just want to add a few things:

I have seen a few posts where people were complaining about the english wording.

I am non-native english (french speaker). I did find the questions well contructed and understandable, there were no questions with tricky wording. 

sabeer_learning
Newcomer I

Congrats on passing the exam. I had 20 years experience (Military IT background-India). I'd say that helped me a lot in understanding the concepts better. English isn't my first language, but the exam was straightforward on that aspect. Just that the questions make you think. Personally I like the exams to be tough. Have met a lot of certification holders with no real knowledge. That was one reason I wasn't very keen on completing my CCNP. I studied the CCIE stuff too but never planned to get a certificate. (all this I was mainly working on databases and application design). If someone asks me for advice on CISSP, I'd just say, "Study Hard, Know your stuff, Cramming will not cut it".I really liked the CAT test format too.

Mystica856
Viewer

Congrats! i passed it too on the same day. I am wondering is there a limit to how long you can be a CISSA or there is no rush to start the endorsment process?
Romualds
Newcomer II

A great thing done!