cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ank5133
Viewer

CISSP Video Tutorials and Trainings

Hello,

Which video lecture series or tutorials (i.e. Cybrary, Adam Gordon ITVPro, Larry Greenblatt) did you find most helpful in preparing for the CISSP? 

Thanks!

2 Replies
Budoka
Contributor II

Honestly, I found the printed material (Conrad, etc) more valuable than the Video stuff.

Having said that...

The absolute most useful video for me when studying was Kelly Handerhan's "Why you will pass the CISSP".

I also can't recommend highly enough FRSecure's free CISSP Mentor Program. It runs for a couple of months starting in the Spring of every year. They also archive previous years' sessions online.

Gordon's ITProTV has valuable information but quite honestly he gets easily distracted and goes off on tangents. His original CISSP course could have been done in half the time. I think enough of us gave the same constructive criticism that they re-did the course as a "short" version. I did both and would recommend using either of them as strictly supplementary material for your primary study.

But, to each their own. Some prefer the Edutainment format (eg ITProTV) to the hardcore teaching format (FRSecure Mentor Program) and vice-versa.

Budoka
Contributor II

Larry Greenblatt was actually quite good too.