cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gareth_Milne
Newcomer II

CISSP: Provisionally Passed today January 15th 2019

Good Afternoon,

Provisional pass on the CISSP today after 4 months of slogging. I can only remember 2 or 3 questions out of the 100 I answered so I suspect they used some kind of device like the pen from 'Men in Black' which erases your memory. For the aspiring CISSP's, my best advice is to really have fun with it,  and make sure you grasp the concepts and see the process.

I used:

Sybex ISC2 official study guide 8th edition

Shon Harris All in One Exam Guide 7th edition (absolutely vital.)

CISSP Practice 2,250 Questions by S. Rao Vallabhaneni

CISSP Official practice tests

Borson Tests

Shon Harris CISSP Practice Exams

I should note that most of these test banks feel a little outdated and a little dumbed down, but were still well worth doing in order to make sure your general understanding of the subject is sound. Many of the principles remain valid. I had issues with depth of knowledge on some of the new ISC topics covered in the study guides.

I subscribed to a site by a CISSP, and there are some very challenging questions on there, as well as some great videos.  I really think that tipped me over the bar in terms of thinking like a CISSP.

I'm not going to tout the site name, but will respond to private requests.

Best of luck, and thank you ISC2.

7 Replies
karthik
Viewer II

Hi Gareth, 

Congratulation for clearing CISSP. I would like to know the site name, I am completely new to this forum and this is my very first post/reply. Not sure if I can send private messages here.

lightkun_yagami
Newcomer II

Great job! Welcome to the club! I remember when I received the certificate kit from ISC2, that was an amazing feeling.

mgorman
Contributor II

Now you have to figure out what is the right occasion to wear a CISSP lapel pin, strangest part of the welcome kit.

itsecengCPIC
Newcomer I

All the practice tests I took, including the one included with the ISC2 official student guide are nothing like the actual test. In fact, the ones with the ISC2 official student guide are so ridiculously easy it makes you feel too comfortable compared to the real test. It is literally nothing like the real test at all. If you think you're going to go take a test like that one, you will be in complete shock when you sit down and take the official test. 

rslade
Influencer II

@itsecengCPIC wrote:

All the practice tests I took, including the one included with the ISC2 official student guide are nothing like the actual test. In fact, the ones with the ISC2 official student guide are so ridiculously easy it makes you feel too comfortable compared to the real test. It is literally nothing like the real test at all. If you think you're going to go take a test like that one, you will be in complete shock when you sit down and take the official test. 

Amen and amen.  That is why I have created the sample questions topic, to give people some idea of the real types of questions you are going to face ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
shahzadafridi
Newcomer I

What you recommend then
Gareth_Milne
Newcomer II