Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EIAKPKP452
Newcomer II

CISSP-ISSMP Preparation

I have seen some great strategies and references discussed in this community and was hoping for your similar thoughts related to the CISSP-ISSMP certification. Materials seem to be a bit more limited, but there is also a fair amount of overlap in the domains with CISSP materials. 

I have been using the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP-ISSMP and have enrolled in the official (ISC)2 ISSMP instructor-lead online training course.

What other resources have others pursuing this certification found useful? Have you identified any good practice tests? Thank you for anything you can share about your preparation efforts.

Adam

22 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Tartarin wrote:

Samantha, do you have any update for people who is waiting for the new official CISSP-ISSMP study materials?

I provisionally passed the ISSMP exam earlier today completing my quest to pass the exams for all of the CISSP concentrations!

In total I spent around 50 hours over the last few weeks reading/revising from 16 references found in the ISSMP suggested reference list - this list was recently updated so my studying included references from both the previous and current list:

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References#accordion-ec3eeebacf414a7ba7d890f8f71e8883

My advice for anyone still waiting for new CBKs to arrive for any of the CISSP concentrations is to stop waiting for something that probably isn't going to arrive, and look to the suggested reference list for your study material.

odd
Newcomer I

Hello, Is there any update on this, please?
Mkilraine
Viewer II

Thank you for mentioning about the Domain four questions\answers. I thought I was going mad as the answers definitely seemed wrong on some of the questions. its like they missed the word NO out of some of the questions.