cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DAM
Newcomer II

CISSP Exam fail 12/16/17

Hello ISC2 community,

I studied my a*# off for this exam, I have practical experience and yet here we are. I failed with a score of 678. This one hurts. I'm almost at my wits end when it comes to preparing for this test. Now the format has changed and from the sounds of it, the testing experience is going to be worse. For a test that's not supposed to be very technical, I had a lot of pinpointed questions when it comes to communication and network security. I will continue to pursue this certification, but any assistance from any of you will be greatly appreciated.

DM

31 Replies
DAM
Newcomer II

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I will not stop until I accomplish my goal.

DM

DAM
Newcomer II

Thank you very much for your feedback and for the resources you provided. I do know the importance of getting a good night's rest, and unfortunately that did not happen despite my best efforts. I stayed the night in the city where I was testing (Waco), I went to bed early, but could not fall asleep. I will continue working towards my goal. I'm too close to stop now.

DM

DAM
Newcomer II

Thank you for your suggestion. I initially started my exam preparation using the Cybrary website. I even downloaded the audio mp3s. I did shy away from them as I felt that taking practice exams and being an active learner would help me more.

DM

Radioteacher
Community Champion

@Finch wrote:

One of the best resources I (and my supervisor who took the CISSP last month) used to study is actually free. Kelly Handerhan's lectures on https://www.cybrary.it/course/cissp/ are excellent. I felt like everything I needed were in her lectures and they put you in the correct mindset to take the exam.

They're not too long, I would recommend going through the videos, especially since its free.

I agree with Finch on this one.  Kelly Handerhan is a great teacher.

Paul

oradba888
Newcomer III

your on the right track, and let me say that nothing that is this important and valuable can be easy to attain.

Study hard, positive aggression and you will get it...

regards

jeff

RRajesh
Viewer

Hi DAM,

I passed CISSP in the first attempt. I followed the ISC2 CISSP official study guide . I used  official ISC2 practice test and CISSP practice tests by Shon Harris. The exam was tough but I made it. All the best for your next attempt.

Rgds

Raja

abc
Viewer II

Same here. Took the test on 12/16/2017, failed with score 660.

Hope this is not a streak of "fail" results on 12/16.

Muckles
Newcomer I

How did you study?

I did a lot of study from books and videos. However, I got a lot out of the Larry Greenblatt videos on You Tube. Knowing your stuff gets you most of the way towards passing, but I think you also need to go into the exam with the right mindset understanding how a CISSP should look at a situation. I didn't get it from anywhere else in my studies until I watched Larry's videos. I'm convinced they made a lot of difference to me.

I hope this helps in some way.

DAM
Newcomer II

Thank you for your words of encouragement Jeff. I do realize anything worth having takes sacrifice, hard work and determination. I will not stop, even after I become certified.

Derek

DAM
Newcomer II

Thank you Raja. The official practice tests that you are referring to, are they the Sybex practice tests?

Derek