Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoates90
Newcomer I

CCSP provisional pass - New Zealand

New Zealand now seems to be down to a single test centre (out in Petone, a short ride from the capital, Wellington), and so my exam booking got transferred down from Auckland (our large/st city).

I checked-in and took the "4-hour" exam on Tue 13 Nov and was finished within 2 hours, to pick-up a provisional pass letter. No success message on the PC screen after the exam. I gather it will take some time to acknowledge my provisional pass on the (ISC)2 website, and then to check my pre-existing CISSP. So I may or may not post about my provisional success to LinkedIn in the meantime.

The study materials I used were as follows:

• Bought/read the official CCSP CBK and study guide books.
  • Used the official CCSP iPhone app for practice questions.
  • Used the CSA's CCSK v4 and its open-book exam as a warm-up, with their guide and the ENISA 2009 risk model.
  • Also used my US$99 ACM subscription (acm.org) for access to on-line books, computer-based training and videos.

Regards,

StephenC.

2 Replies
scoates90
Newcomer I

Update -- So, even without any email notifications, my CCSP exam pass was sitting waiting for self-endorsement as a pre-existing CISSP. Having ticked the boxes and submitted the online form, I can see that my "application has been received but processing by (ISC)² has not yet started", and I do know that it is Thanksgiving week. Hmmm.

Regards,

StephenC.  

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations on your provisional pass, scoates90!

I recently went through the same CCSP endorsement process while being an existing CISSP.

Aside from the reduced endorsement form, you won't receive any streamlining or fast tracking of your application, unfortunately, and will be placed in the endorsement queue along with all the other applications. This queue is currently running at around seven weeks from the date your application is acknowledged, but you'll likely be told it will take up to eight weeks to complete.

The fact you have the holiday season coming up soon hopefully won't affect you too much, but I don't think the endorsement team work on weekends, so I'm sure you'll receive your email acknowledgements soon now that the weekend is over.