Provisionally passed today.
Quick advice for future participants in the game: know your stuff and take this exam seriously !
Previous ISC2 lingo experience counts a lot. Work experience counts the most.
- I had passed CCSK almost 6 moths ago, so I was familiar with CSA guidance and ENISA (don't be fooled, these are completely different exams, as it took me 45 min. to complete CCSK and almost 2.45h to go through CCSP )
- CISSP holder (& other tech certs)
- Official Study Guide: one in depth pass when I took notes, one final pass a day before exam, like a crammed session (7h cram read)
- Kelly's CCSP videos
- OWASP - read it thoroughly as it's a fantastic resource
- I tried to read some of the NIST materials, found them ok but not catchy...
- Some refresher sessions from the CISSP materials.
All this took me 1 month: 2-3h a day (including weekends).
You need to be able to place yourself in the right reference system when answering, everything is situational awareness.
Cheers and good luck !
Hi all! We have a list of references (for each certification) if that is helpful!
Congratulations on the pass! I studied for this exam in its first year, but never took the exam (a co-worker's experience scared me off), looking back I should have at least attempted it. Thinking of ramping up to take it this year. When you say "Kelly's CCSP video's" are you referring to Kelly Handerhan from Cybrary - or another source? Thanks and congratulations again!
Yessir, Kelly Handerhan from Cybrary.
I find her style and charisma are unmatched in the online trainers world today ...
For me, her materials are top notch.
Advice: if you're targeting CCSP, either take CCSK first (more comfortable + you have 2 tokens) or take CCSK afterwards as it's a good addon to your knowledge and portfolio.
Best of luck David.