akhan1
Newcomer II

CCSP-Passed!

Guys Passed my CCSP Yesterday!

My prep details:

1. Official CCSP Study Guide

2. Official ISC2 CBK

3. Ben's Exam official questions

I have 12 year of secuirty experiance which was the number one help. The test is not for people who memorize things, you need deep understanding of the topics. Hope it helps. 

14 Replies
promise
Newcomer I

congrats. congrats indeed.
timjweaver
Newcomer I

No offense, but it's not really helpful to suggest that 12 years of experience helps to pass the test. Those who are studying to get a CCSP job don't take that too seriously. It might be more helpful to suggest that such and such percent of the exam focuses on material outside of the publications and studying scenarios in X domain might help.

Take heart friends, if you study the books you will pass without those 12 or 20 years of experience!

denbesten
Community Champion

@timjweaver wrote:

No offense, but it's not really helpful to suggest that 12 years of experience helps to pass the test.

Rather than picking an arbitrary amount of experience, I tend to recommend attaining the experience required by the credential before sitting for the exam.

In addition to allowing you to bypass the Associates program and save a bit of money for which you can not show any benefit, I truly believe it does make (ISC)² exams significantly easier. 

My story mirrors @sdonahue013's. I credit a blend of knowledge and experience for my CISSP results.  Although I probably could have "passed" with either, it was blending both into wisdom that made it an "easy pass".  IMHO, the suggestion is not only helpful, but resonates.  

timjweaver
Newcomer I

Again respectfully disagree. candidates don't confer to see how many years of experience are needed to pass, especially 12 years? All of these queries point to the basic question. they need to know which materials are the most relevant and produce the best chances of success. it's quite arbitrary to claim your twelve years helped you. it's the difference between telling some one "hey, you need several more years of work experience (like me) so you'd better just forget this test for now. I passed the CISSP and this one without the dozen years.
denbesten
Community Champion

@timjweaver wrote:
...especially 12 years? ...

Help me understand your disagreement.  Is it the underlying thought that experience matters, or are you objecting to the number 12, or perhaps something else I am missing?