Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattDH
Newcomer II

CCSP Exam

I’m currently studying for the CCSP exam and I have some questions about the exam format.

Can you flag questions for review? I’m sure you cannot now.

If you reach a passing score at question 100, will the test end early?

Many thanks.
11 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@MattDH 

I had not heard that the CCSP went to CAT, however maybe @AndreaMoore can provide insight into this.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@MattDH 

https://www.isc2.org/Frequently-Asked-Questions#accordion-29bc23be1a3a4eb296321631a61650e0

This page should help address your questions. 

Q:

When taking an (ISC)² exam, can I skip a question and then go back to answer it?

A:
No. (ISC)² offers two types of computer-based exams – linear and adaptive – however neither exam type allows for candidates to skip a question and return to it later.
Q:

What is Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) and what exams use that test style?

A:
(ISC)² uses the CAT format for our CISSP exam in English only. CAT allows for shorter exams (3 hours instead of 6, as few as 100 items instead of 250) and is a more precise evaluation of a candidate’s proficiency in a given domain. For more information on CISSP CAT exams, visit https://www.isc2.org/certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT.

ISC2 Community Manager
MattDH
Newcomer II

Thank you for the information, very helpful indeed!
ShadowPunch07
Newcomer II

Hey there Matt! I took the exam yesterday. Unfortunately (and this was new to me), you cannot flag or go back to any previous questions during the CCSP exam. It also does not end abruptly at 100Q like the CISSP-CAT exam did.
MattDH
Newcomer II

Really hope you passed!!

Thanks for confirming. All the material I’ve been studying (Offical study book second edition, and Mike Chapple’s LinkedIn course) all say about flagging questions for review, so was a little confused!
ShadowPunch07
Newcomer II

Pfttt nope! Not even close. Seems to me that for two years there have been MANY people around the world that struggled with this exam. Not that the exam is "hard" per se, but how it determines the results is very, very strange.
MattDH
Newcomer II

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.
bpdelacruz
Newcomer III

@ShadowPunch07, can you post a picture of the printout showing the domains you did not clear? Good luck on the next attempt!
hyamaguchi
Viewer II

Thanks for the detailed note and understood. I expected that I was able to skip questions and return them later as the official study book told me so. I had the CCSP exam yesterday, and I realized that it's impossible to skip&return questions and finally did not pass the exam - that was my fault. Do you have any plans to change this rule?